upmpdcli ?

• Interesting notion; I hadn't encountered Docker before... if I set it up that way would upmpdcli be able to interact with the already installed MPD, however?

EDIT: Looking closer, I'm guessing so, but -- again -- I'd love some feedback (and potential gotchas) before I dive in headfirst...

Edited once, last by ghosthost (October 11, 2020 at 1:09 AM).

• Well, down the rabbit hole we go.

If anyone saw what was here earlier... NVM. Reinstall repaired docker. More rabbit hole diving to commence.

OK. My head is swimming... can anyone who knows what they're doing with Docker push me in the right direction as to getting nolte/upmpdcli up and running?

Edited 2 times, last by ghosthost (October 12, 2020 at 1:39 AM).

• Obliged. I was getting to that, but presence of mind told me to step away and breathe for a few moments and take a hot shower... ;)

OK... so. Progress... I have Docker up and running, I was able to successfully pull nolte/upmpdcli. So now it's all about creating the container from what I'm gleaning but I'm getting a little lost in the process. Also, attempting to run it directly from the cmdline is throwing

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

SEVERAL HOURS LATER:

Figured it out. Needed to pull nolte/rpi-upmpdcli instead of nolte/upmpdcli.

It's the little things that drive one crazy... :)

Edited 2 times, last by ghosthost (October 12, 2020 at 3:02 PM).

• Yes, you need a matching docker image for your arch. Some images (most of linuxserver.io ones) are multi-arch, meaning, when you pull an image, it automatically retrieves the correct version for your arch. But most of the random images you find on docker hub are x86_64 only.