Show Videos based on day time

• Hi folks,

I'm new in raspberry pi and I've just installed libreelec for my project.

i want to play 3 category of video on my tv in my coffee shop.

in the morning I want to show video with breakfast images

at lunch, about dishes and similar

and at 6PM about the appetizer like bier and so on...

Please can you help me to understand how can I do it?

• I'm certainly not an expert in such matters, but I could imagine that you'd have to create 3 Kodi smart playlists (morning, afternoon, late) with perhaps each set of videos in their respective folders, and activate the next/upcoming playlist via a timer. The timer perhaps could be done via a so-called 'cron job', which is a Linux OS background timer thingy.

• I'm certainly not an expert in such matters, but I could imagine that you'd have to create 3 Kodi smart playlists (morning, afternoon, late) with perhaps each set of videos in their respective folders, and activate the next/upcoming playlist via a timer. The timer perhaps could be done via a so-called 'cron job', which is a Linux OS background timer thingy.

thanks Klojum... I'm looking for "cron job" but I'm not very good... I've just read about "pseudoTV" to schedule video... I'm trying to understand how it work...

• setup the cronjob like this,it should work

Code
    * * * * * kodi-send --action='PlayMedia("/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/morningplaylist.m3u")'
    Code
    * * * * * kodi-send --action='PlayMedia("/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/lunchplaylist.m3u")'