Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• I've only successfully booted my Minix U1 using Samsung EVO sdcard, check attached image. The other sdcards just simply won't boot.

• Minor progress on a couple of things: ... In the background I also have the full vendor sources and schematics for Minix Neo U1 (S905) and U9-H (S912) devices. I plan to extract and post the boot fips so that mainline u-boot support is possible. I can also validate the device-trees which have previously been created with user support (U9-H is upstream, U1 still wip).

Is there any chance that upcoming changes will fix the analog audio output (jack)?

Unless these changes are already implemented?

I tested the image from 2021-Oct-18 04:03 and unfortunately the analog audio still does not work. I don't own a Minix device, but maybe this would have a chance to work globally for s912 devices?

• Is there any chance that upcoming changes will fix the analog audio output (jack)?

Unless these changes are already implemented?

It's not something I've tested but AFAIK it should be possible to use it with the correct mixer settings. GXM devices use a common "toacodec" driver and everything needed in device-tree should be present and connected - not on the Minix boxes that have a different DAC chip. It may be something that needs work in alsa-ucm to make the process a bit more friendly. Once we get the current 44.1/48 issue resolved and merged I'll switch testing to a GXM box with an audio jack and see if it can be figured out.

• NB: Until the audio channel mapping issues are figured out users can select the "HDMI" device as a pass-through device but should still select the "Analogue" output device as the main Kodi output. The Analogue PCM device alsa conf has some channel remapping to workaround the problem - the HDMI device does not support this.

• NB: Until the audio channel mapping issues are figured out users can select the "HDMI" device as a pass-through device but should still select the "Analogue" output device as the main Kodi output. The Analogue PCM device alsa conf has some channel remapping to workaround the problem - the HDMI device does not support this.

I checked your latest image for Odroid C2. And it loads with the default file dtb.

There was also a sound when playing a video.

Found problem - HEVC files have no picture.

Thanks for your work chewitt. :)

• Hi all

I m new biz

I used a new kiii pro and i install coreelec 9.2.8 with sdcard

And android 9 in emmc (slimbox 12)

After one day with the stock rom 7.1.2 no wifi and bluetooth ,,,i try many custom roms but it same problem (i try to use usb wifi dongle mediatek ,it ok under coreelec but not detect under slimbox and no dvb)

Finally im in this situation (coreelec and slimbox)

Many problem in this configuration

1-in power off the device restart (coreelec and slimbox)

2-with scan channel in tvhendend 4.3 many channel missing (nilesat and badr)

If there a buckup of channel is better

Thx all

• Hello all,

I've just tested the latest image for ODROID C2. Thank you chewitt for maintaining libreelec for this card. I was waiting for this new image ;)

All the features I need in Kodi are working well. The only issue is that my wireless keyboard (Rii K18 - RT518, RF 2.4 GHz) does not work. How can help you try to resolve this issue ?

Let me know if you need any information on feedback about this image. It would be a great pleasure to contribute to this project and test any features for you.

Thanks, Ingrid

• Current K20 images from my webshare have no hardware decode (which is why H264/HEVC and seeking etc. work great). All 1080p media will probably work fine on GXM and newer boxes due to better CPUs but GXBB/GXL struggle a bit unless the bitrates are low. I'm attempting to use the same ffmpeg sources as Raspberry Pi due to the huge time/effort that the Pi devs have put into ffmpeg/v4l2_m2m, but the current sources have become a bit too Pi flavoured and we didn't figure out how to add quirks for Amlogic yet. There is also no progress with "the noise" on GXBB/GXL/GXM boxes so beware of Kodi audio setting changes, as that's an easy way to trip them (if making changes, keep the TV or AVR volume super low, and if you trip it, toggling settings will fix it).

The purple line needs something in the HDMI/DRM code to be poked, a register is off somewhere on not being set. I've no idea how to do that so can't really investigate - I've flagged it to the upstream maintainers though.

NB: I have no real plans to maintain K19 images going forwards so 10.0.x files will probably be deleted in the next week. I'll fork the branch on my GitHub LE repo in case anyone needs to build from them.

• chewitt

You were right about the analog audio output.I tried again with the mixer settings and was able to get the audio to work on the jack output. Thank you for your advice :) I have attached the commands below if anyone needs them:

Code
    amixer set 'PCM' 237 # no necessary
    amixer set 'ACODEC' 238 unmute
    amixer set 'AIU ACODEC SRC' 'I2S'
    amixer set 'AIU ACODEC OUT EN' unmute

There remains a problem with the crackling that sometimes occurs, but that's another issue.

NB: I have no real plans to maintain K19 images going forwards so 10.0.x files will probably be deleted in the next week. I'll fork the branch on my GitHub LE repo in case anyone needs to build from them.

Does this mean that there will be no more updates to LibreElec images with Kodi 19 for Amlogic?

This is bad news for me, as I was just about to switch from Coreelec 9.2 to using LibreElec on a daily basis.

Are you giving up building images completely or will there still be test images for Kodi 20?

Do you know if anyone else is building test images with Libreelec for Amlogic?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

• It means I won't be publishing more LE10 images, as I moved my codebase forwards onto the master branch (K20 pre-alpha). See:

amlogic: bump to Linux 5.15.y and other misc. changes by chewitt · Pull Request #5920 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    This bumps Amlogic (GX) to Linux 5.15.y with the following notable changes: Switch bootloader/install to use Makefiles in amlogic-boot-fip sources Move…
    github.com

For the crackling audio, see if reducing volume on the mixer to ~80% helps. It seems to be a common remedy to similar reports on a large variety of cards (not specifically Amlogic). Thanks for sharing the mixer settings, I will validate and add to our soundconfig script.