Posts by sailorpito

I've only successfully booted my Minix U1 using Samsung EVO sdcard, check attached image. The other sdcards just simply won't boot.

sailorpito update with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0.tar and audio should appear? share dmesg again pls.

Great, HDMI audio is now working with MINIX-NEO Analog node!

I'll do some more testing and report back.

Here it is dmesg log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Donation on the way, thank you

Here you go:

kodi.log:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

dmesg.log:

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, thanks again!

sailorpito It looks like there are no sound/audio nodes in the current device-tree which explains why there is no audio devices showing up. I can look into adding them in a couple of days once I return from vacation. If you can pastebin the contents of dmesg and Kodi debug logs it would be useful.. ISTR the current device-tree was a blind guess so it will be useful to validate what other bits are showing or not.

First of all many thanks for your work.

I've successfully booted LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0-box.img.gz on my minix neo u1 (S905), everything seems ok but HDMI audio doesn't work (already tried to change fixed sample rate limit to 44.1KHz in kodi settings). I don't know if this is expected or if you need any logs

erbas the main influence is the ffmpeg changes the Raspberry Pi foundation devs have been doing on stateful V4L2 support. I'm tracking the work but beyond a point in mid-December the changes to ffmpeg need corresponding changes in the vdec drvier and this is beyond my non-coding abilities to do .. and since nobody else works on this we're stalled and unable to keep up. H264 is now working well on Pi hardware.

I'm also using updated firmware, but updated is not always better since Amlogic does not backwards test on older hardware they no longer support so change that fix e.g. GXL may also regress GXBB, and testing that is a hugely time intesive task (and work is busy).

In other news, I now have mainline u-boot booting a WP2 (GXBB) box from SD card (after erasing vendor u-boot from emmc) and have been using it as the family daily-driver for the last week. I'm currently trying to understand why audio must be forced to 44.1KHz to get audio output while the same kernel image on a GXL/GXM device is fine. However I'm at the limits of my non-coding-developer knowledge so progress comes only from guesswork and trial/error testing which is time consuming.

For the wider audience: I added a Minix Neo U9-H (S912) device tree to the "box" image based on educated guesswork and the vendor kernel device tree. It would be nice if someone with that box could test it and give feedback.