Not reproducing UTF-8 letters recorded filenames

• When there is a specific (two character code) UTF-8 letter in the filename, LE will not be able to play it. It can neither be replayed while it is being recorded and I switch to that program nor can it be played from the main menu Recordings list. Simply, nothing happens. Recordings, Filename character set: is UTF-8. RPi4 LibreELEC v9.2.5

Trying to illustrate (we have 10 of such letters in Croatian: čČćĆžŽšŠđĐ). I hope my exotic representation of UTF-8 characters is illustrative in this context.

A recording called "Zločinci u odijelima" looks like "ZloÄŤinci u odijelima" when read as non-UTF.

A recording called "Laži mi" would look like "LaĹľi mi" in non-UTF.

When TVh Recordings is configured to "Remove all unsafe characters from filename:" filenames are written by omitting our letters but are normally (re)played.

Oddly enough:

a) while a file saved as e.g. "Laži mi" or "Zločinci u odijelima" can not be replayed, it will be deleted correctly

b) if "Make subdirectories per title:" is on, even with "Remove all unsafe characters from filename:" off, filename and the folders are written correctly with our UTF-8 letters but LE plays them normally! I just tested "Kockići" which made a folder "Kockići" (when read as non-UTF: "Kockići") and within it a file

"Kockići2020-08-2604-10.mkv" (when read as non-UTF: "Kockići2020-08-2604-10.mkv"). But when saved directly to the basefolder, the same filenames will not play.

• I neglected to mention that offending UTF-8 letters are shown correctly in both EPG and list of recorded programs. I am talking just about the actual filename which can not be reproduced when not in the folder if it contains such letters.

in TVh "use Windows compatible filenames" was on., changing it makes no difference.

Changing LE font to based on Arial changed nothing.