Restore from filezilla ?

• So picture this, two identical systems hardware and everything. With the only significant changes not to the underlying software. But addons and things of that nature.

If I take a backup zip, and use something like filezilla and push it to the restore folder of a Kodi device of someone I can't exactly bother right now.

And I then manually through shell reboot the device. Will that restore it like it would if I would say go through the menu systems?

So basically tomorrow, when they go to their system. It looks exactly like the one I literally just worked on.

• Hello!

If you do a Backup from PC1 (Same Hardware as PC2) and restore it on PC2 you'll get 2 identical Systems which means also:

Same IP (If Set manually)

Same Maschine Name

Same kodi settings

Same Login (User and passwords) for Add-ons

Same advanced XML and so on.

As Long as the Platform ist the Same (x86 etc.) And If you Install the Same Libreelec/Kodi Version of course, It will Work.

Regards

Nicolas

• Everything down to the last decimal is 100% identical except for the IP address which is statically set by the router using the mac address.

So just to be absolutely clear...

The short answer is yes, I can take a backup zip and dump it in the restore folder and then do a reboot through putty so tomorrow morning system 2 will look exactly like system 1?

Ty.

• Perfect ty.

I just haven't had the need to do this for a while. I just couldn't remember if it's what I did before.

I thought I had to unzip it before dumping to the restore folder lol

Edit: One other quick question while it's on my mind, I always statically set my IP's at the router.

But something you said got me curious, can you actually Define IP addresses for Kodi from within the device itself? I never knew that was possible.

• At Libreelec settings

Go to Connections there you can Change the IP from DHCP to a static address, Manual IP, for ipv4 and ipv6 seperatly, DNS-server and also Timeserver settings.

Regards

Nicolas

• Not entirely, you will have different MAC addresses for the network cards (cable and wifi and bluetooth). But those should be initialised pretty quickly.

I know all of that will be different bec its hardware level stuff... not software.

I've done backups to other systems before by just placing it in the backup folder and then updating from the system itself with a TV infront of me.

I just don't currently have access to it because of someone sleeping. But I wanted to update so that I have it ready in the morning or I should say they have it ready in the morning. So I never really expected any issues, was just asking and also got confirmed, if said method of restoring without me being physically in front of the system would work.

Edit: Just for the fun of it... I have wifi and bt disabled on both system. If anything I own can be easily wired, it is.