New ver nightly20200820 Can’t install on NUC8I3cysm

• I noticed the use of the new kernel 5.8.

Changes were merged so every "new" nightly should contain the fix, but the current available nightly doesn't have it yet.
    Patience, grasshopper. ;)

• thanks, didn't know that.

how do they distinguish from milhouse nightlies ? (apart from actuality)

DigiBit R1, NUC8i3BE

• To correct it, it is not possible to install it on the USB port, but it can be installed on the hard disk

Sure you can. Just select the correct disk device when you are running the installer.
    LibreELEC runs from a USB stick as well, not as installer but as a Kodi-installed device.

And dts-hd trueHD Passthrogh still no sound.

First things first. :-)

• Sure you can. Just select the correct disk device when you are running the installer.
    LibreELEC runs from a USB stick as well, not as installer but as a Kodi-installed device.

First things first. :-)

Can’t install on usb stick this ver. LE 9.2.4 is good at usb. You should try it first.

• Gloryroyal is correct here.

Tried to install todays nightly on an usb stick:

the usb stick is *NOT* available as an install target, even when I have booted from usb.

Only the HD fix screwed in the nuc, where LE release is installed, is available.

When I boot into run mode the usb stick is seen as an mounted device.

DigiBit R1, NUC8i3BE

• Hello!

Compltetly erase (so that No Partitionen whatsoever exists) the Stick and give it another try.

And try another USB Port.

Regards

Nicolas

• and today also no luck with 20200925-4722b9e.

all the same as before.

I reformated the stick: no luck.

I then tried with Release LE: huh, also no luck. stick boots, but only to debug mode.

I tried 2 diff. boxes

investigating: turns out that the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator from here:

LibreELEC Downloads – LibreELEC throws some I/O-errors during installing on the stick.

- alas "save log" saved it somewhere, but not on the stick... -

compared the md5sums of the Creator on my box and from the website: checksum are equal.

moons ago I created with an (/this ?) Creator the same stick with Release LE 9.2.2 or .3 and updated to Milhouse nightly without errors...

confused !

hint:

the checksum of one of the Kernel or the System after the Creator action and after install on the stick do NOT match !

is this normal ?

Questions:

- how to save the installer log's that they survive ?

- where to get an elder LibreELEC USB-SD Creator from ?

DigiBit R1, NUC8i3BE

• the checksum of one of the Kernel or the System after the Creator action and after install on the stick do NOT match !

is this normal ?

No, that is fatal! Time to try a different stick.

• the stick seems to be okay

see attached file "smart_2020-09.txt" from today after a run of smartctl -t long /dev/sdb

anyway, tried another stick (Corsair VoyagerGT on /dev/sdb with LE Release):

after the creator created the install stick:

cat SYSTEM.md5 => 52b0c54371949fe8785bd3d9eebf1b06 target/SYSTEM

md5sum SYSTEM => 52b0c54371949fe8785bd3d9eebf1b06 SYSTEM

and after the installer installed on the stick:

cat SYSTEM.md5 => 52b0c54371949fe8785bd3d9eebf1b06 target/SYSTEM

md5sum SYSTEM => f152a99128d2166c518680ed4738c235 SYSTEM

mismatch !

attached some photo's from the installer log file.

it seems the installer is running wild somehow and I guess the bug is here (esp. when installing on USB Sticks)

on an Sandisk: box boots into an debug shell.

on an corsair: box doesn't boot/see the stick (=> no boot flag set)

I wonder what the installer is doing with /dev/sdc

But I have to admit that I need to replug the stick that the installer gets aware of it.

the box is an NUC with only an Sata-SSD as /dev/sda

more confused.