Raspi 4: No Audio When Using "Adjust display refresh rate" to "on"

• Hello everybody,

have a stupid problem with my Raspi4 and libreelec 9.2.3.

I run my television in Estuary on my Raspi4 with 4k60Hz.

If I now start a film and do not set "Adjust display refresh rate" to "off", all films run with the 4k60Hz resolution and the bitstream arrives correctly at my Onkyo AVR receiver via pass-through.

However, I would like to watch the films in their original resolution and refresh rate (usually 24p for cinema films).

As soon as I set "Adjust display refresh rate" to "always" or another value like "off", my Onkyo receiver says "no signal" and there is no sound from my speakers.

What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

I would be very grateful for your help.

Regards Lars

Edited once, last by larslunte (July 30, 2020 at 4:53 PM).

• Official Post

I have no AVR experience, but the default setting for Kodi displaying on TV's for Adjust display refresh rate is Start/Stop.

Also bypass the AVR for now, and see what happens when the RPi is connected directly.

• Hello Klojum,

I set the Adjust display refresh rate to Start/Stop. Then I attached the Raspi 4 directly to the TV. In this constallation it works.

When I put back the AVR between RASPI 4 and the TV, it does not work. I seems to be that there is a timing problem between the AVR and the RASPI 4. When the movie starts it lasts about approx. 10sec till the no signal message at the AVR appears. When I set the Adjust display refresh rate to off within 1 sec the sound signal is shows in the AVR.

Is there a chance to optimize the connection between Raspi 4 and AVR ?

Regards Lars

Edited once, last by larslunte (July 30, 2020 at 7:41 PM).