tvheadend comskip data file deletion

• I have installed LE 9.2.3 on my RPi4 4GB and have added TVH server and Client. I've installed sd4tvh addon for Schedules Direct EPG.

I'm able to record programs from my HDHomerun Connect and the commercials are being flagged fine.

However, when I use the Kodi frontend to delete a recording, only the .ts file gets deleted. I'm left with the unneeded .txt, *.edl, *.vdr, *.log, and *.logo.txt.

Is there a way to have Kodi/TVH delete this files when the .ts file is deleted?

• Official Post

I'd guess they aren't deleted by the TVH client as it didn't create them and doesn't know they exist. You could ask the Kodi developers who maintain the add-on the add functionality (via the suppport thread in the Kodi forums) .. or you could create create a shell script that runs via cron to delete the files at regular intervals.

• I have installed LE 9.2.3 on my RPi4 4GB and have added TVH server and Client. I've installed sd4tvh addon for Schedules Direct EPG.

I'm able to record programs from my HDHomerun Connect and the commercials are being flagged fine.

However, when I use the Kodi frontend to delete a recording, only the .ts file gets deleted. I'm left with the unneeded .txt, *.edl, *.vdr, *.log, and *.logo.txt.

Is there a way to have Kodi/TVH delete this files when the .ts file is deleted?

You can disable all that from your comskip.ini..

or you can create a post-remove command script and run when you delete a recording..

st