Posts by jfabernathy

I think I know the problem and will test to confirm.

When you use IPTV Network Automatic you need a .m3u file. Mine had entries like:

Code
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="UNC-TV" tvh-chnum="4.1",UNC-TV
    http://192.168.0.21:5004/auto/v4.1?duration=7200
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="ROOTLE" tvh-chnum="4.2",ROOTLE
    http://192.168.0.21:5004/auto/v4.2?duration=7200
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="UNC-EX" tvh-chnum="4.3",UNC-EX
    http://192.168.0.21:5004/auto/v4.3?duration=7200
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="NCCHL" tvh-chnum="4.4",NCCHL
    http://192.168.0.21:5004/auto/v4.4?duration=7200

Note the duration=7200 which is 2 hours. I'm going to make the edits as in:

Code
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="UNC-TV" tvh-chnum="4.1",UNC-TV
    http://192.168.0.27:5004/auto/v4.1
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="ROOTLE" tvh-chnum="4.2",ROOTLE
    http://192.168.0.27:5004/auto/v4.2
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="UNC-EX" tvh-chnum="4.3",UNC-EX
    http://192.168.0.27:5004/auto/v4.3
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="NCCHL" tvh-chnum="4.4",NCCHL
    http://192.168.0.27:5004/auto/v4.4

and see what happens.

I'm trying to determine if I chasing a TVH problem, Raspberry Pi problem, or LibreELEC problem.

I need to confirm if LibreELEC 9.2.5 on a Raspberry PI 4 4GB with the TVH addon can record a program that is longer than 2 hours. I can't make it happen with my setup.

I have LE 9.2.5 installed on a USB3-SATA 1TB SSD with the TVH server and client addon installed along with the SD4TVH EPG addon. It works on everything except recording a program longer than 2 hours. I have tried setting up the recordings multiple ways: Kodi Guide -> Record, Kodi Guide -> Timer, and TVH web interface EPG.

My tuners are HDHomerun Connect, but they are configured as IPTV inputs so I can use the HTTP interface method so tuners are shared properly with other apps. I have also posted this on the TVH and Kodi forums, but no luck anywhere yet. There seems to be a hint that Kodi Record button limits to 2 hours, but not sure.

Thanks goodness for the Kodi forum:

TV is not detected unless powered on first

I did exactly as that link specified:

From ssh terminal

Run: tvservice -d edid.dat (after booting with TV/receiver powered on first)

copy the edid.dat to the FAT partition (/boot on raspbian/Raspberry OS and /flash on LibreELEC)

and add to config.txt: hdmi_edid_file=1 and hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Note: if you change TV/receiver or use a different HDMI input you should capture a new edid.dat file

I could not find any help on this subject but I recently noticed that the RPI4 OS had moved the new bootloader firmware from stable to critical and the Raspberry installer now will install directly to the USB3 SATA drive and boot.

So I just tried to do the same with LE 9.2.5 and it worked with no changes. However, I had to install the LE 9.2.5 image to the USB3 SATA drive using the Raspberry installer and not the LibreELEC installer. the LE installer would not recognize my USB3 adapter and SATA drive.

It took a while to resize the 500GB drive, but then on reboot it worked fine.I did have to put the hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 into the /flash/config.txt file but that was it.

So am I the only one who has issues with the RPI4 with LE 9.2.5 when HDMI is disconnected and then reconnected? This would be the same if your TV had multiple HDMI inputs and you switched to a different input and then back to the RPI4 input.

I just installed the LE 9.2.5 hotfix on my RPI4 4GB system. It works fine except when it forgets it's resolution and locks in at what it thinks is it's maximum resolution of 1024x768.

The only changes I made to the default installation was I added to the /flash/config.txt:

hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

I have my RPI4 HDMI port connected to my 4K60 TV via a HDMI 2.0 5x1 switch. The TV is set to HDMI 2.0 mode. So after boot, it's in 4KP60 mode and works fine. However, sometimes where you switch the TV away from RPI4 and later switch back it will not be in 4Kp60 mode and be in 1024x768. The System settings at that point show that as the maximum resolution available. I have to reboot ti fix it.

Are there any settings that will keep the RPI4 in 4Kp60 when the HDMI switch is moved to a different input?

Rebooting is a problem if you are also running a PVR like TVH.

I have installed LE 9.2.3 on my RPi4 4GB and have added TVH server and Client. I've installed sd4tvh addon for Schedules Direct EPG.

I'm able to record programs from my HDHomerun Connect and the commercials are being flagged fine.

However, when I use the Kodi frontend to delete a recording, only the .ts file gets deleted. I'm left with the unneeded .txt, *.edl, *.vdr, *.log, and *.logo.txt.

Is there a way to have Kodi/TVH delete this files when the .ts file is deleted?

This isn't specific to LE, more about Schedules Direct and TVH. I had a need to test and work with TVHeadend more directly as a backend only and installed it on a RPi4 with Raspberry PI OS (formerly Raspbian) using the normal Raspbian repository. When I did I discovered that the latest version has a lot of XMLTV grabbers and the one I usually use on mythtv was there, tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite for Schedules Direct EPG. So I disabled all grabbers except that one and configured it the same way I do for mythtv with minor exceptions and it worked perfectly.

Just like sd4tvh I had to rerun the grabber to populate the channels sources and then manually assign the EPG source to each channel that the setup found on my HDHomerun. The second rerun of the grabber populated 18 days of EPG data. That's why I use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber.

If you could get that grabber installed into LE it could be configured with ssh from another computer.

SUGGESTION:

Can you try setting sd4tvh Configure Settings and Options as:

• HDHomerun Channel Filter to None
    • File Based Channel Filter to enabled

Optionally limit channels with sd4thv Add & Remove Channels from Lineup.

And Re-run the internal grabbers.

Then see if you can then select the 2nd lineup channels/XMLTVIDs for each channel EPG source?

Okay, I did your 2 suggestions on sd4tvh Configure Settings. Then Re-run the internal grabbers. Only sd4tvh is enabled, no ATSC OTA grabber.

Then I went to the tab where you associate the EPG source to the channel. I found the 8 channels I needed among the others which were mostly the channels from the home zipcode.

So it worked, but from a user perspective it's no intuitive. To me it makes no sense, but worked.

Hopefully, that will help you diagnose the problem. When I think about it the channels that can be received are scanned as a part of the web setup of DVB's. Having a HDHomerun Channel filter to discover or use the IP seems a duplication. Not clear what the file based channel filter does. Since I setup the exact channels to include in the SD4TVH config, I think the list the grabber returns should be only those channels and onlu the zipcode you selected.

Thanks, for the help. If you need me to test other things, let me know. Where we are camping this week has 73 channels of cable TV, so having the RPi4 up and running is not needed, but I'm playing with it since I'm in another Zipcode for the first time in 6 months.

The home zipcode is 27592 and the new away zipcode is 27030. I don't think there are any overlapping channel numbers. If I use the Kodi addon figure and open functions on sd4tvh It shows me both zipcodes and I picked 27030, and I shows all the right channels there. I can select and exclude the ones I want, which are only 8 channels in this remote location. However after I force the first EPG internal grabber rerun The Configuration -> Channel /EPG -> EPG Grabber channels shows all the channels for that zipcode and not the 8 I included in my selection using the Kodi addon sd4tvh config. Those same channels are the ones I see when I try to assign EPG sources on the Channels tab.

I appreciate your ideas to try. However, what bothers me most is my second effort was a fresh install of LE on a SD card and completely new install of everything including sd4tvh. This is odd that I don't see my new stations as EPG sources. I only see EPG sources for the other zipcode at home.

I did another test. I put my mythtv31 setup on the RPi4 and setup XMLTV using tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite and used the new zipcode and got listings for all my new stations for 21 days. So the zipcode is valid in SD, I just can't make the connection using sd4tvh and TVH.

Jim A

Adding a lineup (with a different zip code) to SD should not adversely affect other SD clients. The other SD clients might see one more lineup when they query SD, but that shouldn't be a big hit on performance.

However deleting a lineup that is used by another SD client would definitely have an adverse impact.

Okay, first test of changing zipcode when on the road didn't work. Maybe you can figure out where I went wrong.

I tried this first with the exact same setup I used at home with Zipcode #1. After that didn't work as expected I did a fresh install of LE 9.2.3 and got the same results.

I deleted all the channel, and tags then ran the Wizard again for a new mapping of all the channels I could receive. Then I added Zipcode #2 and when through the setup for the channels I could actually receive and removed those that I could not see. Next I re-ran the Internal Grabbers and tried to change the EPG source. (I've actually rerun the Internal grabbers multiple times, same results) My only choices were all from Zipcode #1 and none from Zipcode #2. So I'm not sure what went wrong?

Any ideas?

BTW, I'm not a fan of having to re-run the wizard because it forgets my existing recordings made from an old location. I've used LE and TVH before only using OTA EPG but I still had issues getting new channels when I moved to a new location. I just couldn't find the new channels without Rerunning the wizard.

What if you use "%f" or '%f' in the comskip command line?

I did a test to see. I replaced %f with "%f"

Then I unchecked the replace whitespaces and eliminate unsafe characters checkboxs to put it back to default.

The comskip worked and my filenames were back to normal without a '-' between each word.

Thanks.

So I found it. I did a default install of LE 9.2.3 so the user level was Advanced. On the recording profile page I did not see the checkboxes for replace whitespaces with '-' or eliminate unsafe characters. When I switch to expert user level I could see them and check them. So that's the missing step.

so I setup another recording after rebooting and had the TVheadend .log open and I think the problem is related to the way TVH sets up filenames. Log below:

To use comskip do you have to change the filename setup in the Record Profile?

I did test using ssh into the LE system and manually running:

Code
    comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip
    .ini /var/media/recordings/ABC\ 11\ Eyewitness\ News\ at\ 7AM/ABC\ 11\ Eyewitness\ News\ at\ 7AM-WTVDDT2020-07-0507-00.ts

and this worked. So how do I configure LE to use a filename that is compatible with comskip.

The boxes in the profile filename section are all checked as default.

I have a working LE 9.2.3 system on a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB with TVH server and client, along with sd4tvh for EPG. I'm trying to add comskip. From my search of the LE forum posts I did the following:

1. Using the web page configuration I added the following command to Configuration -> Recording -> DVR Profiles -> Post processing command:

Code
    comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip.ini %f

2. Saved

3. I setup some programs to record.

4. After the recordings finished, the next day I tried playing them and I could not find any evidence that it was skipping anything.

I don't know where any EDL information is kept but when I check the directory where the .ts file is located, there is nothing else in the directory.

I'm missing a step somewhere but can't figure it out.