comskip on LE 9.2.3

• I have a working LE 9.2.3 system on a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB with TVH server and client, along with sd4tvh for EPG. I'm trying to add comskip. From my search of the LE forum posts I did the following:

1. Using the web page configuration I added the following command to Configuration -> Recording -> DVR Profiles -> Post processing command:

Code
    comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip.ini %f

2. Saved

3. I setup some programs to record.

4. After the recordings finished, the next day I tried playing them and I could not find any evidence that it was skipping anything.

I don't know where any EDL information is kept but when I check the directory where the .ts file is located, there is nothing else in the directory.

I'm missing a step somewhere but can't figure it out.

• so I setup another recording after rebooting and had the TVheadend .log open and I think the problem is related to the way TVH sets up filenames. Log below:

To use comskip do you have to change the filename setup in the Record Profile?

I did test using ssh into the LE system and manually running:

Code
    comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip
    .ini /var/media/recordings/ABC\ 11\ Eyewitness\ News\ at\ 7AM/ABC\ 11\ Eyewitness\ News\ at\ 7AM-WTVDDT2020-07-0507-00.ts

and this worked. So how do I configure LE to use a filename that is compatible with comskip.

The boxes in the profile filename section are all checked as default.

Edited once, last by jfabernathy (July 5, 2020 at 1:31 PM).

• So I found it. I did a default install of LE 9.2.3 so the user level was Advanced. On the recording profile page I did not see the checkboxes for replace whitespaces with '-' or eliminate unsafe characters. When I switch to expert user level I could see them and check them. So that's the missing step.

• What if you use "%f" or '%f' in the comskip command line?

I did a test to see. I replaced %f with "%f"

Then I unchecked the replace whitespaces and eliminate unsafe characters checkboxs to put it back to default.

The comskip worked and my filenames were back to normal without a '-' between each word.

Thanks.