LibreELEC 9.2.5 hotfix

• I just installed the LE 9.2.5 hotfix on my RPI4 4GB system. It works fine except when it forgets it's resolution and locks in at what it thinks is it's maximum resolution of 1024x768.

The only changes I made to the default installation was I added to the /flash/config.txt:

hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

I have my RPI4 HDMI port connected to my 4K60 TV via a HDMI 2.0 5x1 switch. The TV is set to HDMI 2.0 mode. So after boot, it's in 4KP60 mode and works fine. However, sometimes where you switch the TV away from RPI4 and later switch back it will not be in 4Kp60 mode and be in 1024x768. The System settings at that point show that as the maximum resolution available. I have to reboot ti fix it.

Are there any settings that will keep the RPI4 in 4Kp60 when the HDMI switch is moved to a different input?

Rebooting is a problem if you are also running a PVR like TVH.

• So am I the only one who has issues with the RPI4 with LE 9.2.5 when HDMI is disconnected and then reconnected? This would be the same if your TV had multiple HDMI inputs and you switched to a different input and then back to the RPI4 input.

• Thanks goodness for the Kodi forum:

TV is not detected unless powered on first

I did exactly as that link specified:

From ssh terminal

Run: tvservice -d edid.dat (after booting with TV/receiver powered on first)

copy the edid.dat to the FAT partition (/boot on raspbian/Raspberry OS and /flash on LibreELEC)

and add to config.txt: hdmi_edid_file=1 and hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Note: if you change TV/receiver or use a different HDMI input you should capture a new edid.dat file

Edited once, last by jfabernathy (October 3, 2020 at 4:35 PM).