Wifi adapter ?

• Hi,

I have a Zotac ZBox from a few years back and it has been running LibreELEC for some time perfectly well. I initially had it running via ethernet in a previous house, but had to go via wifi in my current abode. The adapter I'm using is an Edimax EW-7711UT dongle; preumably using kernel module "rt2800usb" (from 'lsmod').

While this works, it is challenged by range.

Does anybody have any recommendations of (readily available) USB wifi adapters that ought to work reliably and give better range?

TIA

• Thx for your reply and the linked thread.

I suppose I wasn't really expecting anything official or definitive, just people's experience - most of my kit is based on other people's recommendations at some level.

FWIW On a desktop PC I am using an "Alfa Network AWUS 036 NHA", 150 Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n, where it is using kernel module "ath9k_htc". Just plugged that in to the Libreelec box in place of the Edimax, configured it and rebooted (presumably using the same kernel module here), and it seemed (without detailed tests) to bring up the network and to run fine, giving me better range than the Edimax (ancient) dongle. Not "ac" but likely adequate for what I need, so may just get another one.