External HDD

• Do I have to do anything special with LibreElec to make sure an external HDD is mounted along the same path every time the Pi boots? When I was working with Retropie I had to. I need to make sure the paths in kodi don't change. This Pi will be turned off and on, it will not remain on all the time.

• In windows, as an example, my external HDD is always D if it is the only attached drive. So all the paths I create in Kodi always are D: And this remains until I mess up and attach another drive that ends up as D.

If I am understanding you correctly, LE does the same thing. I labeled the disk as MEDIA. So all paths in Kodi will start with MEDIA and as long as it is the only drive attached on boot these paths remain.

• From what I understand Linux is the underlying OS for LibreElec. As well as the underlying OS for Retropie. When I was working with Retropie I had to do something (can't remember exactly) within the OS to ensure the path to the external HDD was always the same. USB -0 (I think was it) instead of sometimes USB -1 and next time USB -0. If mount changes, goes from -0 to -1, then the path the application, Kodi in this case, uses to find the data doesn't work.

I don't work with linux much so maybe the syntax of my description of what I want is wrong. in my example I was replacing the windows drive letter of D with Media to help illustrate what I want to happen.

• Official Post

Go read post #2 again, then if that does not match your experience, post again with some evidence of a problem. LE is not Retrpie so comparisons with an entirely different distro are not particularly relevant. Yes they are both Linux OS, but Ferrari and Nissan are both cars, if you get the point.