allwinner h6 ultra 6k

• h6.png

Hi guys,

Has anyone had any success with this box? It's a bit of a lemon by all accounts. I've tried the Tanix tx6 image as that seemed to be the closest to mine, but with no success. The toothpick method won't boot at all from the SD card.

This thread h6 allwinner tv box need help!!!! - TV boxes - Armbian forum went well over my head, but seemed like they had some success installing armbian in the end.

I'm just looking for a LE image that will work, if not, or not likely to happen in the future i'll bin it and get a more suitable box that will.

thanks very much

• Dear cambies,

Kindly replace your DTB file with the attached one, don't forget to remove the ".txt" and rename it to match exactly the "FDT" entry in "extlinux.conf" fil

Hi genidy.m

thanks for helping, that file has not made any change unfortunately.

When i put the SD card in the box and press the toothpick reset button it won't even power on at all.

thanks again.

• Hi genidy.m

thanks for helping, that file has not made any change unfortunately.

When i put the SD card in the box and press the toothpick reset button it won't even power on at all.

thanks again.

I think toothpick is used for amlogic not for Allwinner, as far as I understand Allwinner always tries SD first.

The only button with regards to the boot process is the fel button for a boot via usb slave connection to a pc: Boot Process - linux-sunxi.org

• Official Post

as far as I understand Allwinner always tries SD first.

Unless secure boot is enabled. In that case eMMC has higher priority. However, I'm not sure how to check for secure mode. If it is really enabled, I'm not sure if it is possible to run third party images.

• I think toothpick is used for amlogic not for Allwinner, as far as I understand Allwinner always tries SD first.

The only button with regards to the boot process is the fel button for a boot via usb slave connection to a pc: Boot Process - linux-sunxi.org

I have tried toothpick, no toothpick. the result is the same whenever there is an SD card in the box it just won't power on at all.

It might be worth noting that when you connect the power on normal boot a blue LED comes on. I did manage to flash a stock Android ROM on it, in which case a blue and red LED alternated.

Secure boot makes sense to me as being the problem now and not the LE image.

I've been running LE on raspberry pi for years and love it. the only problem I have is that it struggles with quality video. Can someone recommend a box that will work well with one of these LE images running from NAND?

thanks for all your help guys

• I have tried toothpick, no toothpick. the result is the same whenever there is an SD card in the box it just won't power on at all.

It might be worth noting that when you connect the power on normal boot a blue LED comes on. I did manage to flash a stock Android ROM on it, in which case a blue and red LED alternated.

Secure boot makes sense to me as being the problem now and not the LE image.

I've been running LE on raspberry pi for years and love it. the only problem I have is that it struggles with quality video. Can someone recommend a box that will work well with one of these LE images running from NAND?

thanks for all your help guys

Dear

could you replace boot entry in "extlinux.conf" with below:

APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200

if not worked, you need to connect to its serial port by using "USB-TTL", so we can see what is going on.

• Dear

could you replace boot entry in "extlinux.conf" with below:

APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200

if not worked, you need to connect to its serial port by using "USB-TTL", so we can see what is going on.

Hi,

Still no luck, device won't power on. I don't have a USB-TTL adapter, to be honest that's getting a bit over my head anyway. I just read this thread again. h6 allwinner tv box need help!!!! - TV boxes - Armbian forum seems like the guy had some success in the end but i don't understand what he did.

Thank you very much for trying to help, but i think i'll just take the loss on this.

regards

• Can someone recommend a box that will work well with one of these LE images running from NAND?

I'm thinking to buy an orangepi 3, I guess those SBCs are usually a bit better documented than the tv boxes. Also for sure no secure boot.

Maybe jernej can comment if orangepi 3 is a reasonable recommendation or if it has some flaw. I think it has a good set of features including emmc.