Posts by genidy.m

genidy.m

Thanks for the DTS patch. I was invetsigating the pind-H64 regulators, but it seems everything was already implemented in the dts. So the patch of Jernej for the Tanix-tx6 was not necesaary for the pine-h64.

I implemented your patch in the sun50i-h6.dtsi; but for some reason I get a error message when I try to compile my dtb. It has nothing to do with the patch, probably there are some packages missing in my build environment. This evening I give it another try.

Edit: Managed to build the dtb and it boots fine now. Thanks a lot for the patch!

roel

You are welcome, i faced this issue before and found the solution in armbian forum for your board, worked for me too, for my box "mmc-hs200-1_8v" is enough as "sunvell Q+" had slow emmc, also extracted the DTB from original android OS and found that it use same entries for emmc.

*posted here:

How helpful will this be to getting LibreELEC on allwinner android boxes?

I have tried toothpick, no toothpick. the result is the same whenever there is an SD card in the box it just won't power on at all.

It might be worth noting that when you connect the power on normal boot a blue LED comes on. I did manage to flash a stock Android ROM on it, in which case a blue and red LED alternated.

Secure boot makes sense to me as being the problem now and not the LE image.

I've been running LE on raspberry pi for years and love it. the only problem I have is that it struggles with quality video. Can someone recommend a box that will work well with one of these LE images running from NAND?

thanks for all your help guys

Dear

could you replace boot entry in "extlinux.conf" with below:

APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200

if not worked, you need to connect to its serial port by using "USB-TTL", so we can see what is going on.

Dears,

According WIFI interface included in my box Tevii P500 (which is rebranded of sunvell Q+, also same as Tanix TX6), is a xradio xr819 interface, i tested a driver and i can confirm work successfully.

* GitHub - Icenowy/xradio: Port Allwinner xradio driver to mainline Linux. (first and very old, not tested)

* GitHub - fifteenhex/xradio: Port Allwinner xradio driver to mainline Linux. (tested, working very well, can connect to my b,g,n access point)

* GitHub - karabek/xradio: Experimental fork of Allwinner xradio driver (tested, working well but can connect to "b,g" no "n" access point, also reboot system not working)

* i attached the wireless kernel module (fifteenhex and karabek), compiled for master branch, aarch64, kernel 5.7.2, tested with LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200626-cc6e86c-tanix-tx6.img.gz, also firmware attached.

firmware must go to /storage/.config/firmware/xr819 then reboot Libreelec.

module can load with:

"modprobe mac80211"

"insmod /storage/xradio_wlan.ko"

you can make /storage/.config/autostart.sh script to automate.

* i edit the DTS file to detect the wifi interface as explained in driver project, but I'm not developer so don't know if what i did totally true or not, but it worked with me. DTB and DTS attached.

"post-power-on-delay-ms = <200>; " i tried value 50 first as project page example but failed to initialize the interface, take vaule 200 from kernel DTS's "sun50i-h6-orangepi-lite2.dts" work successfully.

"reset-gpios = <&r_pio 1 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;" and "interrupts = <1 0 IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_RISING>;" values "1 3", "1 0", taken from kernel DTS's "sun50i-h6-orangepi-lite2.dts" too, i don't know what i did true or not, i spend hours reading documents to figure pins, pio,.. and so on but find me lost :)

-----------------

"local-mac-address = [c0 04 0e 03 ae 66];" if not used the u-boot will generate random mac address, and if "ethernet1 = &xr819;" entry exist the u-boot will generate a mac address based on unique chip id, but not worked for me if i removed the "local-mac-address = [c0 04 0e 03 ae 66];" entry the xradio_wlan.ko module can't load successfully, so i put the entry with a mac taken from default android os.

* Reference XR819_Datasheet_V1.0-EN.pdf

* Reference Allwinner_H6_V200_Datasheet_V1.1.pdf

Hello,

what Image are You use?

I try last LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200626-cc6e86c-tanix-tx6.img.gz on my Sunvell Q Plus (on SD card), but just only black window is. Before this I try use this

APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200

and Q+ start and show only LibreElec logo and stay there.

Dear Tubar,

First time it will start will show only the logo and continue cause it want to detect the internal emmc, so just restart and it will work, or you can use my attached "dtb" file (adjusted to use hs200 speed cause Q+ had slow emmc).

* I used "LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200622-bd6f23c-tanix-tx6.img.gz", but any image will work.

* Dont forgot to rename the file and remove ".txt" extension

* Dont forget to replace it on emmc too if you flashed "Libreelec" on it as it will not boot without it.

* IR remote working very well i mapped the buttons, configuration in attachments.

* Allwinner H6 chipset overheated, so back to android they disabled multi core and and reduced frequency to 1.4GHz, after applied this in Libreelec, temperature idle average about 60C same as android, if any one want to enable 1.8 GHz just install a 5v fan and enjoy.

I already explained in one topic (don't remember which) why this emmc hack will never come back. In short, someone must figure out what is really wrong. Secondly, there is no official support for Q+ and that's why I won't introduce hacks for it.

Dear Jernej,

Thanks for your reply, i can see "Pine64 H64" had same issue while searching "armbian" forum, as it have a slow emmc, they suggest to patch the device tree with below, so i edit the 13-Tanix-TX6.patch and rebuild the kernel to generate the dtb file, and it worked very well, i flashed the "Libreelec" on sunvell Q+ (same as Tanix TX6) emmc, i can confirm it working, also i can now boot with "label" or "uuid" entries instead of device logical name in "extlinux.conf".

* Also i can confirm now that "cpufreq" driver working very well, tested with "LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200622-bd6f23c-tanix-tx6.img.gz", also with my compiled dtb, i can change governor to "ondemand", overheat still exist but better than before.

* Can confirm now that "hdmi" output working without changing console entry to "console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200" in"extlinux.conf" as before, also output work with one console entry "console=tty1", before two console entries must exist and "tty1" must preceding "ttyS0"

* I extracted dts from stock running android, find it in attachments.

[ 2.079244] sunxi-mmc 4020000.mmc: Got CD GPIO

[ 2.106824] sunxi-mmc 4020000.mmc: initialized, max. request size: 16384 KB, uses new timings mode

[ 2.138734] sunxi-mmc 4022000.mmc: initialized, max. request size: 2048 KB, uses new timings mode

[ 2.163590] mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch, assuming write-enable

[ 2.175142] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa

[ 2.188410] mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SU32G 29.7 GiB

[ 2.195691] mmcblk0: p1 p2

[ 2.202449] boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1

[ 2.202451] disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2

[ 2.232957] Checking disk(s): /dev/mmcblk0p1 /dev/mmcblk0p2

[ 2.269201] mmc1: new HS200 MMC card at address 0001

[ 2.269770] mmcblk1: mmc1:0001 ISOCOM 28.9 GiB

[ 2.270019] mmcblk1boot0: mmc1:0001 ISOCOM partition 1 4.00 MiB

[ 2.270267] mmcblk1boot1: mmc1:0001 ISOCOM partition 2 4.00 MiB

[ 2.296726] mmcblk1: p1 p2

[ 2.387268] fsck: /dev/mmcblk0p1: 13 files, 15246/65501 clusters

[ 2.457765] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

[ 90.918086] mmcblk1: p1 p2

Pine64 H64 does not boot from eMMC [solved] - Allwinner H6 - Armbian forum

--- a/arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6-pine-h64.dts 2020-03-30 11:24:41.176470382 +0200

+++ b/arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6-pine-h64.dts 2020-03-30 11:24:41.176470382 +0200

@@ -127,8 +127,10 @@

pinctrl-0 = <&mmc2_pins>;

vmmc-supply = <&WCF_AMPERSAND®_vcc3v3>;

vqmmc-supply = <&WCF_AMPERSAND®_vcc1v8>;

- non-removable;

cap-mmc-hw-reset;

+ mmc-hs200-1_8v;

+ mmc-hs400-1_8v;

+ mmc-hs400-enhanced-strobe;

status = "okay";

};

Dears,

Try to build Librelec , but build fails with below error

---------------------------------------------

Error when bootstrapping CMake:

Cannot find a C++ compiler that supports both C++11 and the specified C++ flags.

Please specify one using environment variable CXX.

The C++ flags are "-march=native -O2 -Wall -pipe -I/LE/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-H6.aarch64-9.80-devel/toolchain/include -Wno-format-security".

They can be changed using the environment variable CXXFLAGS.

See cmake_bootstrap.log for compilers attempted.

Sorry i forgot to install g++ compiler, installed then build went successfully after i edit

http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-H6.aarch64-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin/host-g++

to put /usr/bin/g++ on it.

#!/bin/sh

/LE/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-H6.aarch64-9.80-devel/toolchain/bin/ccache /usr/bin/g++ "$@"

Dear Jernej,

I am facing issue with installing "Libreelec" into emmc, as dd command hang, also parted hang, any command access the emmc will hang, and that explain to me why "Libreelec" stuck at first time and only booted with "APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2", i think sunvell Q+ (Tevii P500) affected by H6 "HS-DDR" issue, that fixed by your patch i found in "Armbian" forum, so is it already included in "Libreelec" then i facing some thing else, or not included and must i recompile "Libreelec" kernel patched with it, Thanks.

Dears,

I am facing "CPU" overheat issue on Q+ (Tanix-TX6), at idle, on android temperature average 59C, on Libreelec temperature raised very fast to reach 126C, then the box restarted because overheating, dmesg show error with cpufreq "sun50i-cpufreq-nvmem: probe of sun50i-cpufreq-nvmem failed with error -2", kindly find the full dmesg log in attachments.

Dears,

I used a "DTB" file from armbian, and now "cpufreq-dt" driver loaded and i can control scaling governor, still overheat exist.

Dears,

I am facing "CPU" overheat issue on Q+ (Tanix-TX6), at idle, on android temperature average 59C, on Libreelec temperature raised very fast to reach 126C, then the box restarted because overheating, dmesg show error with cpufreq "sun50i-cpufreq-nvmem: probe of sun50i-cpufreq-nvmem failed with error -2", kindly find the full dmesg log in attachments.

genidy.m - thank you! after writing this LE boots now

Code
    APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200

there's problem with sound, it interrupts for a moment every second on h264 videos, sound is ok on h265 though, and also no wifi

Dear rix81,

Glad to see that it worked with you, according to the sound i tested streaming from "YouTube" without any issue, will also try "Netflix" after configuring the add-ons, but i don't tested a local mp4 videos yet, moreover "WI-FI" not working yet according to first post from developers that mainline driver missing but i can see here "https://linux-sunxi.org/Wifi" some info and drivers.

Dear Tytun,

What build number you tired with your box "Sunvell Q+", and if you still have it can you send to me.

Dear Tytun,

Never mind, it working after i used device logic name like this "APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200", Thanks.