RPi3 Updade to 9.2.3 ending in Black Screen

• i have try 4 Times to Update to 9.2.3 after install comes countdow ton reebot 0-18sek and it ending in Black Sreen and nothing 20 min. later nothing. So i lose all my Data :@

i try 2 time on Clean SD with LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator not working

and 2 from Online Update not working

so i go back to 9.0.2 and no Problem

• i have farmated SD Card 2 times with

Code
    diskpart

list disk
    select disk <Nubmer>
    clean
    exit

i install it 2 Times on Clean SD but no way for 9.2.3 still don´t boot after a reboot

green LED don´t flash

i´m back to clean 9.0.2 and this version are working

If your Raspberry Pi 4 will not boot, it is possible that the SPI EEPROM has become corrupted. To check, remove the SD card, disconnect the device from power, then reconnect it. If the green LED does not flash, this indicates that the EEPROM has become corrupted.

Edited once, last by nhhfffvv (June 14, 2020 at 1:35 PM).

• - does the RPi boot with 9.2.3 (after the reboot hang) if you disconnect and reconnect power? NO RPI2 is death no green LED oly red power on or off

- do LE 9.2.1 and 9.2.0 show the same behaviour? LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.1.img.gz LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.0.img.gz
    i dind´t test it

- have you tested with a different SD card? No on the same

If 9.0.2 works can you please ssh in and post the output of journalctl -a | pastebinit

i have formated SD Card and instoll 9.0.2 on it

• i test it now with different SD card and Raspi Pi Imager.exe with Libreelec and the same erro only red Led LE 9.2.3 don´t boot power off on makes no diference

put back SD Card with v 9.0.2 and it boot

journalctl -a | pastebinit

http://ix.io/2pby

Edited once, last by nhhfffvv (June 14, 2020 at 5:11 PM).

• Thanks for confirming!

This is very likely a bug in the firmware, the one in the zip is from Apr 15, before RP0-3 and RPi4 firmwares were merged. I've pinged the Raspberry Pi devs.

Could you install 9.2.3 again (to get the latest firmware) and then try to add one of the following lines to config.txt (only try one setting at a time) and check if that lets your RPi boot:

• over_voltage=2
    • core_freq=250
    • force_turbo=1

so long,

Hias

• Have been trying to troubleshoot this exact problem for a bit now and found this thread as I am looking at trying out Kodi.

I have got it successfully booting by replacing the firmware files with those suggested.

I also tried doing a fresh image and then updating config.txt with the following: core_freq=250 which the OP said allowed it to boot, however it then wouldn't boot for me. I'm not sure if I put the line in the wrong spot or if it requires any special spacing.

With the replaced firmware files at least I can now boot and setup Kodi.

• Thanks a lot for reporting the issue!

If you are not sure about config.txt just attach it here and I'll have a look

In general I add settings at the end of config.txt as that makes sure they override any previous settings.

BTW: it could be that one of the other config.txt settings I mentioned helps with your RPi, please test those, too (try only one of them at a time).

And please tell us which RPi you are using (2B, 3B, 3B+) and post a logfile of LE 9.2.3 running with the replaced firmware files. Go to Settings -> LibreELEC -> System and select "Upload latest Kodi log and configs, and view the short URL", then post the URL you got.

so long,

Hias

• I am testing LE 9.2.3 with firmware from post 9 on rpi 3B+ from USB stick/boot.

I am under-clock minimum freq...

The only problem is that for some strange reason after 1-2 days I get throttled and this with a power adapter 5v/3.1A that work perfect on rpi 4B - 2G RAM ( no throttled ).

Next week will test with another new power adapter 5v/3A and another USB stick.

p.s.

bo ost it is censored ?!

• I also tried doing a fresh image and then updating config.txt with the following: core_freq=250 which the OP said allowed it to boot, however it then wouldn't boot for me. I'm not sure if I put the line in the wrong spot or if it requires any special spacing.

• I also tried doing a fresh image and then updating config.txt with the following: core_freq=250 which the OP said allowed it to boot, however it then wouldn't boot for me. I'm not sure if I put the line in the wrong spot or if it requires any special spacing.

Thanks for testing!

Don't worry too much about core_freq or the other config.txt changes mentioned in this thread not working, these were suggested as a test by a RPi engineer and it seems they don't help in most cases.

Just replace the firmware files on LE 9.2.3 with the ones from the zip and you should be fine.

so long,

Hias