Posts by myrpi

Hello,

I am having almost the same problem with bad Adafruit Libraries on LE 9.2.4 running on RPI3 and RPI4.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./dht.py", line 42, in <module>
    humidity, temperature = Adafruit_DHT.read_retry(sensor, pin)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.adafruit-libraries/lib/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 94, in read_retry
    humidity, temperature = read(sensor, pin, platform)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.adafruit-libraries/lib/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 80, in read
    platform = get_platform()
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.adafruit-libraries/lib/Adafruit_DHT/common.py", line 55, in get_platform
    from . import Raspberry_Pi_2
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.adafruit-libraries/lib/Adafruit_DHT/Raspberry_Pi_2.py", line 22, in <module>
    from . import Raspberry_Pi_2_Driver as driver
    ImportError: cannot import name Raspberry_Pi_2_Driver

If I install old library from Sascha I don't have any more python error but I don't get any reading from DHT11:

Failed to get reading. Try again!

Any ideas ?

Thank you

config it is the same, except I have allocated higher mem for GPU 320k

I found in log:

I fixed removing all xbmc. from remote.xml

I fixed the image name... I did upgrade from current image to latest nighty and not clean install so I used tar buid.

yes path it is correct, I did not typed all.

this is the remote.xml I used until now.

Hello,

I am testing on RPi4-2Gb RAM, Kodi 19 / LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20201002-85830fd.tar with an 4K LG Tv.

At first look I found this issues :

- Noresolution higher than 1920x1080 60Hz available, I don't use: hdmi_enable_4kp60=1.

- If I set hdmi_enable_4kp60=1, LE boot but screen it is black or Tv did not recognize HDMI source at reboot.
    - custom ../userdata/keymaps/remote.xml it is ignored.

No other problems found yet.

Hi sky42,

thank you for quick update.

Me I ask for a small change in the future ?

/usr/share/kodi/system/settings/settings.xml increase maximum setting for "pvrplayback.delaymarklastwatched" to 86400.

this will prevent to add watched channels for less than 24h ... to main interface, ( I use this to privacy and prevent adding channels not suitable to children... ).

At the moment I unsquash - edit - squash... for every version of I use on x86, rpi 3, 4...

Because you run on PC hardware, I think you have more chance to solve the problem by installing any Linux OS you like ( MX, Mint, Ubuntu... ) configure as you want and after that install Kodi on top...

p.s.

On rpi LE, I am successfully customizing my Kodi installation by unsquashfs, editing and squashfs again the SYSTEM.

My rpi3b with LE 9.2.3 and wifi on it is idling at 55-56C.

No heatsink or fan, just a plastic case with extra holes I made and kept in vertical position with power-hdmi connectors down.

p.s.

If you use visualization when play radio/music it is normal to have a high temp.

Interesting, I just updated a working RPI4B-2G from LE 9.2.1 to LE 9.2.3 on USB stick and also in my case it is a temp increase of +6C.

Only LE9.2.3 upgrade it is installed. Tested:

h265-4k-24fps play: CPU temp from ~58C to ~64C.

h264-720p-24fps play: CPU temp from ~56 to ~62C.

I have old LE 9.2.1 installed on SD card and I can test more if it is required.

I am testing LE 9.2.3 with firmware from post 9 on rpi 3B+ from USB stick/boot.

I am under-clock minimum freq...

The only problem is that for some strange reason after 1-2 days I get throttled and this with a power adapter 5v/3.1A that work perfect on rpi 4B - 2G RAM ( no throttled ).

Next week will test with another new power adapter 5v/3A and another USB stick.

p.s.

bo ost it is censored ?!

Easy to do from any Linux OS with gparted:

in short you copy/paste both partition from sdcard to SDD and set boot flags as in sdcard and you are done. Probably first you need to resize/downsize existing partition from SDD if you don't have free unallocated space

You can see here how I just added an working LE (sdb1 and sdb3) from a 2Gb sdcard to an SSD just to test new option USB boot on RPI4.

This SSD did not had any free space left but I downsized sdb5 and sdb2 and moved sdb6 existing partition and I also expanded data partition from sd card LE install sdb3.