RPi3 and HDMI not always active...

• it's happened enough that its pissing me off.

But regardless of the reason, if the Pi boots before the TV is registered as on. It doesnt seem the HDMI becomes active on my rPi3 unless I reset it.

Regardless of what boots first. What needs to be edited and where for the HDMI to always be active?

• One last question and I assume it would be in the same file, but depending on a similar set of circumstances. It doesn't always boot to the same res but what I am guessing is the smallest.

Can it also be told to boot to / force a res in addition to telling the hdmi to be hot / on ?

• Will do. I'll reply back if I have any issues not thst I suspect I will... but you never know.

But this should fix all reset issues pertaining to the pi.

But both only seem to happen if the pi booted and the input on the TV wasnt actively connected to th pi but another was, like say a tivo.

The first one for active-ness solved the off issue but popped this one up.

• I have a 32" Sony TV, have had it for years. The res in settings shows as 1360x768 60hz (mode 39)

By that "logic" the link dictates hdmi_group must =2, but that's for monitors (DMT not CEA).

I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter if the end result works, but I'm confused as to why things are the way they are if you even remotely get what I'm trying to get at lol

That said, about to solidify the settings now with mode=2 so I can use group=39 and wait for the next time the system resets without my interference.