VNC Viewer (official, iPad) can not connect to LibreElec

• Using the official VNC app (which I use on PC without issue)

It drops out / screws up and I can’t see settings to fix it.

It basically connects over and over and over.

I’ve fiddled with every setting EXCEPT ‘screen 0’ - cause I have no idea what it does.

Anyone else got this working?

• Using the official VNC app (which I use on PC without issue)

It drops out / screws up and I can’t see settings to fix it.

It basically connects over and over and over.

I’ve fiddled with every setting EXCEPT ‘screen 0’ - cause I have no idea what it does.

Anyone else got this working?

It works fine but you need to set Vnc viewer settings to low or high...auto or medium doesn't work..

• I did this, didn't work.

See the attached screenshot - I've tried messing with almost all these settings.

K5TrlaJ.png

In addon It s all left as default..I mean the vnc on your pc you have to change to low or high grom settings..

• In addon It s all left as default..I mean the vnc on your pc you have to change to low or high grom settings..

VNC works fine from my PC - works a charm.

VNC does not work, from my iPad - it goes into a 'reconnect loop' :(

okay its already RealVNC and not the legacy one

just to be sure, you installed the vnc addon from the LE repository and changed their settings ?

VNC is from LE Rep (I believe? check the screenshots) - I didn't change (and did!) the settings, nothing seems to work.
    Does anyone have an iPad to test.

• F91B0A617B29411C8E68B1A58441E0_px2h6fckxq.png

Here is what happens - it connects for a second, shows movies, then drops to this, reconnects, shows 1 second, drops - over and over.

Does no one else at all have an iPad? All you need is an iPad to test this. (Note, my Pi4 is on Ethernet, obviously the iPad is on wifi).

We just need someone else on an iPad to test this really........

Video of the problem below.... hope it works....?!

5FadBXZ

Edited once, last by FeFiFoFum (May 19, 2020 at 11:55 AM).

• No one, please? I know it's not the end of the world problem, but it's very very easy to test.

Did you try to change ipad app vnc viewer ..settings of the libreelec connection and set to qualitt low or high from auto default?

• high and medium unusable, same issue.

low works - but it's horribly ugly (no, I don't intend to watch video over it, but it's very very bad)

I am almost damn near positive I've had the issue on low as well, because I recall messing with these settings previously.

• You can't really watch video over vnc even on high..

Not sure why but with windows it does same thing...it only works with low or high quality..not with medium or auto..and android app it s a bit of a pain to use..

Best is from a windows pc but found out that the mouse was crashing libreelec so best to control menus fron keyboard arrows and disable mouse in LE input settings.

Something else I noticed is that after few days VNC stops working and can't connect..needs to ssh and reboot for it to start again.

• Give Mocha VNC Lite a go - available for IOS & Android. I've never had a problem with it, but couldn't get any version of RealVNC working properly.

Mocha VNC Lite times out after 5 minutes, but that's enough to prove it's working, and enough time for me to change settings on a headless Libreelec RPi. You can reconnect multiple times after the timeout period too.

Cheers,

• You can't really watch video over vnc even on high..

Not sure why but with windows it does same thing...it only works with low or high quality..not with medium or auto..and android app it s a bit of a pain to use..

Best is from a windows pc but found out that the mouse was crashing libreelec so best to control menus fron keyboard arrows and disable mouse in LE input settings.

Something else I noticed is that after few days VNC stops working and can't connect..needs to ssh and reboot for it to start again.

Just wanna make sure people know this - I'm not dumb enough to even CONSIDER watching video over this (!!)

This is purely just, so I can administer it and consider designing skin (well, skin customisations, layout changes etc) remotely - I'm not dopey enough to expect that bandwidth over VLC :)

I'll give Mocha a try tomorrow - thanks guys.