Found a LibreELEC box, in way over my head! Help please.

• Dear readers,

A week ago I found an Infinity TV box with LibreELEC in my brothers old stuff. He said he bought it but never actually got to use it and wasn't interested in it anymore so I could have it.

So I connected it to my TV and connected it to the internet with an ethernet cable. I would have thought that after laying in a cupboard for 3 years it should probably update but it didn't.

After checking the system info I found this:

Software:

Linux version: 3.10.99 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun May 28 MSK 2017 armv71

Kodi 17.3 Git:147cec4

Hardware:

CPU: ARMv7 processor rev1 (v71)

Amlogic Meson8B

Revision: 000a

I read that libreELEC is already at version 9.2.2 and Kodi at version 19 but I can't get them to update.

It doesn't update automatically as it is said to do in the options menu and if I put it on manual updating and check "update channel", there are no options.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different way to update it? Or is this hardware just incapable of running the newer versions.

Ps. I also have a problem with stuff falling of the sides of the screen, but I can't find any option to calibrate the screen. Any tips for this?

Thank you in advance!!!

• LE 8.2.5 is the last/latest available version for Meson 8b hardware - although in the past we only supported specific devices and yours is not one of them; hence it has a "community" created image installed. We dropped support for Meson 8* devices some time ago as the hardware is old and the original vendor kernel (Linux 3.10) became difficult to support. There are ongoing efforts in the Amlogic community to provide mainline (current) Linux kernel support for Meson 8/8b/8m2 devices again, so in the future it might be possible to run something current again, but not right now.