Passthrough not working

• Dear all,

I'm using Libreelec on Linux on an intel NUC HTPC since several years, and have recently migrated from an old version to the newest one.

My HTPC is connected to a Pioneer AV amplifier (SC-LX79) which is compatible with all decoding format and I want the AV amp to decode.

So, I activated in Libreelec the passthrough option and check all the format to indicate my AV Amp can decode it.

Despite this, the HTPC is decoding every thing and delivers only PCM format to my AV Amp :@.

I didn't have this issue before the upgrate.

Can someone point me to the set up I missed :idea: or enlight me about this?

I read somes issues with can happen but with android devices.

Thanks very much in advance :)

Best regards

Guillaume

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Does it work, if you set Kodi to 2.0 speakers, pass-through enabled, and let Kodi encode the stream to AC3 (second point below passthrough)?
    Did you uncheck HD-sound formats for testing and cable? New FW on NUC?

• Dear all,

Thanks for your feedbacks...

Yes indeed I run Libreelec 9.2.2

I found where the issue comes from, so I give it here in case someone else has the issue:

You need to uncheck the option Sync Playback to display. I wouldn't have bet on this one, but it says clearly that activating this option will bypass passthrough even if it's enabled in the next below options.

Thanks

Guillaume