Support for MSI FM2 AMD boards with AMD A series A8-5600K processor

• Hi,
    I posted this on the Kodi forum yesterday but I think this is a better place:

Is support for MSI FM2 AMD boards with AMD A series A8-5600K processor dropped in these builds and those of Libreelec in general?
    Trying to update from OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.3 to Libreelec by usb fresh install, but all of the builds start booting and after the prompt; boot: the pc restarts itself.
    When I do the same with the older OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.3 created usb stick the first boot process continues and I'm able to install it.
    When I drop your build in the update folder and reboot the update process completes but after the initiated reboot the pc keeps looping from the "syslinux 6.0.3 ..." and then reboots again.

See also this post by someone with the same hardware:
    LibreELEC

Isurak advised to:
    Try doing a clean install of 7.90.007 and report back.

These are the results:
    I created an usb stick with LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 with version 7.90.007 but the result is the same:
    The pc boots from the stick until the prompt: boot, it looks like it want to start the install for a few seconds (a few blank lines are added) and then the pc reboots.
    Get no error message or nothing,
    Created an usb stick with LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 and manually selecting OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.3.img.Booted the pc from it, and the process of installing continues and I can install it oke.
    Tryed win32DiskImager with the same results.
    Tryed another usb stick with the same results.
    Reseted all bios settings to default with legacy boot enabled but that doesn't help either..

Hardware:
    MSI FM2-A7-A75IA-E35 motherboard
    AMD A series A8-5600K processor
    8Gb Corsair Vengance ram
    Kingston SSDNow V300 ssd
    750GB WD black hdd
    Blueray/DVD drive
    (should be a nice HTCP :cool: )

Edit: Usb stick with 7.90.007 works oke on Lenovo with Core i5.
    [hr]
    Managed to get a hold of: OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.95.2.img and OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.95.3.img.

OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.95.2.img boots and installes oke.
    OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.95.3.img keeps rebooting

So problem started somewhere inbetween these builds.
    [hr]
    Tested UEFI boot with the same results.

Edited once, last by rudrood (October 28, 2016 at 11:25 PM).

• See second part of this post.

Add "radeon.dpm=0" to the boot stick. Assuming you're now able to complete the installation you'll then need to add it again to the installed syslinux.cfg (boot into live or run modes of the boot stick, your internal drives will be automatically mounted and available to edit).

• Great, thanks Milhouse, you saved my pc from the schredder.
    Edited syslinux.cfg and added radeon.dpm=0 to all of the 3 options.
    Installed, and then booted the live version.
    Couldn't find syslinux.cfg but found extlinux.cfg in system. Edited that file and now it boots oke into Kodi.
    Updated with your latest build and that worked oke now.

Thank you!