Libreelec keeps rebooting after update of addons

• Hi,

yesterday I did some addon updates and rebooted afterwards. Now the raspberry is in a reboot cycle.

The systemd output gets to the line "Reached target Kodi Mediacenter Interface". Shortly afterwards it reboots. During the boot, starting of the "OpenSSH server daemon" almost times out, but finishes 5 seconds before the timeout.

The only way I can debug, is by plugging the sd card in my notebook. What files should I look for?

I would be very happy if I don't have to reconfigure everything.

My setup is:

• Raspberry Pi 4
    • Libreelec 9.2
    • Official Post
    Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Unfortunately, I can't enable debugging. It reboots before getting to the GUI. Neither it's possible to connect via SSH. It seems like the only option is to do a fresh installation.

• Thanks for the hint.

In order to create the advancedsettings.xml, I had to rename storage/.kodi.FAILED/userdata/ to /storage/.kodi/userdata/. Also, I had to do this with root permission.

Code: advancedsettings.xml
    <advancedsettings>
        <loglevel>1</loglevel>
    </advancedsettings>

At boot there are even more error messages. It stops again at "Reached target Kodi Mediacenter Interface". However, there is no debug log from the last boot at storage/.kodi/temp/. There are only old log files.

Did I do everthing correctly?

• You'll need to share a debug log for anyone to comment on add-on issues - especially since we mostly see "updated my add-ons and everything broke" type issue descriptions with piracy add-ons, and those issues are not our problem to solve.

• I can assure, there were no piracy addons. I tried to debug it, but can't get the debug log. Probably there is no other option than a clean install. Anyway, thanks for the help.