Buffering

• Hello all,

Here is my situation, I stream from my satellite enigma box towards my LE on amlogic S905 device in the room who is next, using PVR Simple Client with a m3u playlist I have made, this all using "WIFI". Everything works fine at day just till night comes,... arround 6 p.m. than I do have buffering problems, sometimes little but sometimes it is not even possible to watch TV.
    Strange because my streams comes from intern, maybe it is the router who is suffering with more people in the house at evening all of them using WIFI.
    If I would know that buying a pair of powerline adapters would solve my problem I surrely would.
    Is there Someone who could confirm this?

Nice WE for everyone and Happy Haloween!

• Hello all,

Here is my situation, I stream from my satellite enigma box towards my LE on amlogic S905 device in the room who is next, using PVR Simple Client with a m3u playlist I have made, this all using "WIFI". Everything works fine at day just till night comes,... arround 6 p.m. than I do have buffering problems, sometimes little but sometimes it is not even possible to watch TV.
    Strange because my streams comes from intern, maybe it is the router who is suffering with more people in the house at evening all of them using WIFI.
    If I would know that buying a pair of powerline adapters would solve my problem I surrely would.
    Is there Someone who could confirm this?

Nice WE for everyone and Happy Haloween!

Hi
    before you spend any money on buying kit, I suggest that you connect your device via ethernet (you'll obviously have to move the device temporarily nearer your router) and try using it at the time of day it normally buffers. If it works OK then you know the issue is your WiFi signal, but if it still buffers then you know the problem is elsewhere (and running ethernet to your device won't cure the problem).

If using ethernet cures your problem then I would suggest running a cable from your router to your device if possible.

If you can't run an ethernet cable to you device, the next best option would be to use power adaptors. I've used powerline adaptors before without any problems (just keep in mind the basic rules for using these - directly into the mains socket (not into a power extension) and make sure your two adaptors are connected via the same fuse box).
    I'm currently running powerline adaptors in my house (not for Kodi, but to host an additional WiFi hotspot) and the speeds back to the internet are great. So if you can't get ethernet to your device where it is, I would suggest this as an alternative.

Hope this helps

• Certainly sounds like a wifi signal issue, especially with more people active in the evening. Since the satellite receiver is on the same floor just pickup some powerline sockets and it will more than likely solve your problem. I'm using them with my S905 box (and a number of other devices) and they work great when you're on the same ring main.

• Hi, thanks to all for Your great advice, using a ethernet cable was sure a great idea and I will test this, but the kids are at Grandma's place for the moment, so things working pretty well for now :P, Yesterday evening I discovered that the main problem is when I do some recordings on my streaming enigma2 box and watch the same channel on LE, I should try to stream from an other box and keep recording on the one I do now.

I think the powerline sockets will be dificult, none off my rooms in the house are on the same fuse, some rooms are divided in 2 or 3 circuits. but maybe my electrician could solve this for me.

Have a nice WE.
    Jefken.

• Power line should work as long as you are within your main circuit panel, it does not matter if its not on the same circuit. I installed a few for friends in different rooms and they work with no issue.

• Power line should work as long as you are within your main circuit panel, it does not matter if its not on the same circuit. I installed a few for friends in different rooms and they work with no issue.

That's great news JonSnow! :)

• Hello,

Power line did indeed solve my problems, great thing and a little investment!
    I do live on the country side so internetspeed here is rather slow, and with wifi, 7 Mbps. was the max. I could get, now with this powerline on the box I did the test and had almost 60 Mbps... :D

Thanks,
    Jefken.

• Hello,

Power line did indeed solve my problems, great thing and a little investment!
    I do live on the country side so internetspeed here is rather slow, and with wifi, 7 Mbps. was the max. I could get, now with this powerline on the box I did the test and had almost 60 Mbps... :D

Thanks,
    Jefken.

Thoes this powerline have cache memory? Everything is working indeed fine but after 1 a 2 hours I have to pull out all the powerline's to work without buffering?

Greetings.