Unable to add TV shows to home page - failed to scan errors

• Hi,

I'm using the original Raspberry Pi B version and I'm having trouble populating my home page with tv shows. I go to files, add videos and then find my tv show from the external hard drive connected to by Pi.

I set content to TV Shows and use The TVDB. It shows that it scans my tv shows but when I go back to the home page, nothing is there. I checked the event logs and there are a bunch telling me that the tv shows failed to scan to my library.

I thought it was a problem with the naming convention so I changed the names to this format - The Show S01E01.mkv

Kodi's wiki indicates that this is the proper naming convention. I tried again after I changed the names of all my files in my 1 tv folder and the same thing happened - nothing was transferred to the home page and more event logs telling me it failed to scan to my library. I can't figure out what the problem is. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • 2020-03-21 18:48:25.396 T:1816114048 WARNING: No information found for item '/media/My Book/TV/Tom Clancys Jack Ryan/Jack Ryan S02E08.mkv', it won't be added to the library.

if you want to use Kodi's default scraping, it's best to stick to default named folder setups. Typos can mess things up too.

I use: //server/TVSHOWS/Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan/Season 2/Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08.mkv

and it's picked up with no hassle.

• Thanks a lot for your help. I haven't tried this yet but I can't believe this is the reason. lol

Just to confirm, changing the file name from Jack Ryan S02E08.mkv to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08.mkv is all I need to do? I didn't think it mattered and I had also followed the naming convention listed in Kodi's wiki. Also, wouldn't the apostrophe cause problems?

I'm going to try this and then let you know if it works.

Thanks again for your help. I had spent at least 4 hours trying to figure out what the problem was.

• I set it up exactly as you instructed - Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan/Season 2/Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08.mkv

I created a Season 1 folder as well and renamed all my files to match this format. This time, the scanning is taking place but it's finding the wrong content. I first tried the movie database and then I tried TV Maze.

Now I'm really confused.

Here's a new log - http://ix.io/2eTz

It's finding a show or movie called Sweet season. I've also tried The TVDB & XEM and they all find the wrong show. I think some other setting must be incorrect.

update: It seems that movies are scanning correctly. The only difference is that I didn't change any of the movie names and I scanned my entire movie folder instead of scanning a specific folder for a TV show.

Edited 5 times, last by Bison (March 21, 2020 at 10:20 PM).

• Sorry for muddying the waters by bringing up the movies.

My one and only question is regarding how to fix the issue with my tv show not scraping properly. I browsed the tvdb support forum and there were similar threads and the responses indicated that there's nothing wrong with their scraper, it's the program being used that is having the issue.

Based on my most recent log, did I do anything wrong or is there a setting I can change in order to fix this problem?

• I had the same trouble with my Raspberry 3 Model B. On Libreelec 9.2.1 scraping of TV Shows using TheMovieDB (TV Shows) did not work.

I downgraded to 9.0.2 - scraping works....

• I had the same trouble with my Raspberry 3 Model B. On Libreelec 9.2.1 scraping of TV Shows using TheMovieDB (TV Shows) did not work.

I downgraded to 9.0.2 - scraping works....

:(

Thanks for sharing that info, I'll try that.

update: I installed 9.0.2 and the scrape is still finding the wrong show.

I even tried renaming my seasons from season 1 to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - Season 1 (did the same for season 2) and it didn't scrape at all. I think I'm going to give up.

Edited 2 times, last by Bison (March 24, 2020 at 9:08 PM).

• Bison sorry to read that downgrading did not help

i'm not using tvdb for scraping tv-shows (anymore)

i use the movie database for tv-shows and movies

did you continue using tvdb?

• Hello everyone,

I have a similar problem.

Since the 9.2 version, the scrapping is strange.

The file \The Flash (2014)\Saison 06\The.Flash.2014.S06E01.HDTV.x264-SVA[eztv].mkv is NOT scrapped by the tvdb. But by moviedb it's working

And the file \Westworld\Saison 03\westworld.s03e01.web.h264-xlf[eztv].mkv is NOT scrapped by Moviedb; But by tvdb it's working

I do not understand why ...

Can you help me ?

Best regards

• Official Post

I have a similar problem.

It's best to create your own thread next time, as your problem might have different reasons, and this thread may not be finished just yet.

That said, Kodi uses TMDB as their default scraper for movies and tvshows. Also, the "scene info" in your filenames could make things difficult for scrapers. When I run the TMDB scraper on the 'simple' filenames of both TV shows, both are handled just fine.

You can search through the kodi.log and see if something is reported for the Westworld episode.

• I scanned my entire movie folder instead of scanning a specific folder for a TV show.

That is your main issue..

You have to add the main folder as source not the "Tom Clancys Jack Ryan".

You have to setup the main Tvshows folder as source and set content to tvshows then scan..I have a feeling you are adding the folder with the series name and then scan the episodes hence the scanned items are not matching..So just add storage/tv shows as source for tvshows and scan that..

Not sure if I was clear enough :)

• It's best to create your own thread next time, as your problem might have different reasons, and this thread may not be finished just yet.

That said, Kodi uses TMDB as their default scraper for movies and tvshows. Also, the "scene info" in your filenames could make things difficult for scrapers. When I run the TMDB scraper on the 'simple' filenames of both TV shows, both are handled just fine.

You can search through the kodi.log and see if something is reported for the Westworld episode.

Hello,

Sorry, next time i will created a new thread.

Before, I never had to rename my files.

Everything always work properly

Here, the relevant part of kodi.log

Thanks for your help

• Hello,

I have switch my scapper to TMDB.

And fo my problem with westworld, i have find the solution. I must rename my folder "westworld" to "westworld (2016)" and now it's work.

case solved