[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Set the TV's input RGB range to limited (HDMI black level / black level = low) and see if that fixes it.

Change the tv settings for every movie is not the best solution for me.

I'm happy with the Jarvis (which has no problem with HDR material), I've just wanted to show the problem in the latest Krypton.

• It does not have to be changed for every movie.
    The video output is always limited YCbCr.

It might change from YCbCr 4:4:4 on 1080p to YCbCr 4:2:0 on 2160p, but it is always limited RGB range (16-235).
    No need to change the TV all the time.
    Just set it to limited input once and keep it that way, no matter Marshmallow or Nougat kernel.

The recommendation goes beyond those AMLogic boxes.
    Video is always native limited range, so converting to full range should also always be avoided, independent of the source device.

Edited once, last by jd17 (May 31, 2017 at 8:56 AM).

• 802a is really nice thanks.

Solved the stutter that has been present on all the previous builds using the 2160p HDR file I have been testing with.

Super smooth now.

• ok as far as I know are u responsible of all this activit?..U r using abusing language "bitch" what is this man...

You are being very annoying, rude and you do nothing whatsoever to actually support the devs to get where you want them to be.
    You are unreasonable and you don't listen to constructive advice.

I understand this reaction towards you and I am very close to simply block/ignore your posts.

Try to be more constructive and consider if your post brings any added value to the table before you post it.
    Until now, all you have done was complain and demand.

• Known issues:

• If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

kszaq, maybe you can consider adding the following line to the first post below the one in my quote:

- Make sure that your TV's HDMI input for the AMLogic box is set to limited RGB range for proper image reproduction. This setting is often called "HDMI black level" or "black level" and should be set to "low" or "limited" or "16-235".

This might help to avoid future questions/complaints.

• It does not have to be changed for every movie.

You don't get it.

All my older movies plays and looks fine on my tv (with 8.0.2a). Only the new BT2020 10bit HEVC videos look awfull (no black, no contrast).

Latest jarvis (7.0.3.012l) hasn't got this problem with BT2020 videos. It just plays them fine as the older ones.

• Please post MediaInfo video information for those videos in question.

Latest Jarvis and latest Krypton are currently both running on the Marshmallow Kernel - there should be no difference whatsoever.

• Please post MediaInfo video information for those videos in question.

Latest Jarvis and latest Krypton are currently both running on the Marshmallow Kernel - there should be no difference whatsoever.

I've uploaded a sample it is BT2020 video.

And there is difference that's why I took the pictures of my tv screen,

• But as was already explained to you, the difference does not come from BT.2020 but mainly from the (lack of) HDR to SDR conversion.
    You should just not watch HDR content on a non-HDR display.

A normal Blu-ray, mastered to BT.709, will always look better on a non-HDR display than an unnecessary conversion (which is not intended).
    Especially considering that this can only be a capture, there is no way to circumvent AACS 2.0, at least not yet.

• But as was already explained to you, the difference does not come from BT.2020 but mainly from the (lack of) HDR to SDR conversion.
    You should just not watch HDR content on a non-HDR display.

A normal Blu-ray, mastered to BT.709, will always look better on a non-HDR display than an unnecessary conversion (which is not intended).
    Especially considering that this can only be a capture, there is no way to circumvent AACS 2.0, at least not yet.

Have you seen the pictures I uploaded?

As I wrote many times, BT2020 videos ARE OK ON JARVIS even on a non HDR display. They look bad only on Krypton.

• Nothing is OK in either case!

BT.2020 is not passed, but being output as BT.709. The colors are not properly mapped.
    HDR10 is not properly converted to SDR.
    10-Bit is only being converted to 8-Bit.

Jarvis might look better than Krypton for you, but it is far from how things are supposed to look!

So why do you bother with a dubious HDR capture on a non-HDR display, when there is a perfectly fine Blu-ray out there?
    What is the benefit?!

The Blu-ray will be displayed 1:1 as it is supposed to be.
    However, nothing in the UHD file is being displayed as it is supposed to be.

• Pelican - Just give up now. It has been determined that any issues you are having are purely in your head and unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, that is reproducible on every variant of s905/s905x board in production, then you can just frig off back to Android.

I'm currently seeking therapy help me upgrade from 8.0.1f.

• kszaq

I know you have to much work in progress but i only ask this one...

What do you think to change the actual splash to this one from milhouse ?

Source:

LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)

Howto:

You'll need a very basic h264 video player - I currently use the
    "hello_video.bin" player from the RPi firmware repo which has been
    compiled on Raspbian: https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...ello_video

The LE patch to play the video at startup is here: http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...ash_le.txt
    - the first time you boot it will download the video, so that when you
    boot the second and subsequent times it should have the video available
    to play.