[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Obviously, you picked the wrong dtb.img. For S905.arm-8.0-devel-201612231, you should use device trees of 7.0.3.011 instead of 7.0.3.012. Also at least for Mini M8S (not the Mini M8S II), you shouldn't use the gxl p212 2gb.dtb. That dtb.img is for Android box with S905X processor.

Well sorry for the wrong information.
    I have indeed a Mini M8S II (S905X) so i assume i used the right dtb.img
    Jarvis versions run fine but xith the latest Krypton version no sound device present ? (Same on Tanix X5 Pro S905X P212PCB)

Edited once, last by pommesargues (January 11, 2017 at 6:15 PM).

• OP updated with a new build that includes a major set of patches that improve playback considerably. All thanks to @Peak3d who developed the patches. The build has also all updates from LE master branch and all improvements from 7.0.3.012c build.

• OP updated with a new build that includes a major set of patches that improve playback considerably. All thanks to @Peak3d who developed the patches. The build has also all updates from LE master branch and all improvements from 7.0.3.012c build.

Thank you! What about temp sensor? Is it removed? I can't find any alt build.

• When will the final stable release, it should be installed completely or I can be updated over the beta? It makes sense to switch to the beta, or remain stable release and wait for the final?

• Can I test image with temp sensor via update and if it will fail to boot once again update with img without temp sensor?

Yes, you can update both ways.

When will the final stable release, it should be installed completely or I can be updated over the beta? It makes sense to switch to the beta, or remain stable release and wait for the final?

You can update from 7.0 stable to this beta and then update beta to 8.0 when it's released.

It's really up to you whether you want to install beta. This is a beta release and there are some bugs present - those outlined in the first post. If you're OK with them and want to try Krypton, you can update from my 7.0 builds to the 7.90 beta. But remember there's no going back from Krypton to Jarvis without wiping your data.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 12, 2017 at 11:35 AM).

• You're running 8.0 development builds - this means they will become 8.0 stable at some point. Current latest official LE build is 7.90.010 = not quite 8.0 yet. ;)

• You're running 8.0 development builds - this means they will become 8.0 stable at some point. Current latest official LE build is 7.90.010 = not quite 8.0 yet. ;)

Thanks mate! Looking forward to entering the konami code [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• My home button on the remote isn't working, I've tried copying remote.conf in again. All other buttons are working as expected.

Twitch is working brilliantly, thank you so much for all the work you and other devs put into this project.

*edit*

Wow even my tuner is recognised, everything I wanted in one build thanks!!!!!!!!!

• It doesn't. LIRC only requires a change in device tree IIRC but I need to find time to check it.

Now I'm confused. :D
    Are you saying I shouldn't have LIRC running with this build then?
    'cos my log is suddenly full of LIRC references on keypresses, and some at least aren't working (not checked properly, but eg pause, play, stop aren't doing anything).

Edited once, last by trogggy (January 12, 2017 at 2:54 PM).

• Now I'm confused. :D
    Are you saying I shouldn't have LIRC running with this build then?
    'cos my log is suddenly full of LIRC references on keypresses, and some at least aren't working (not checked properly, but eg pause, play, stop aren't doing anything).

I thought that you were asking about using LIRC with built-in IR receiver.

To sum up the changes:

• some IR drivers (I think also for devices using LIRC) were updated along with media_build update
    • LIRC with built-in IR reciever is currently not working because it requires switching off amremote (the "remote.conf" driver) and turning on meson-ir kernel module

I might sound confusing but I actually have little knowledge on this. ;)