[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• The fix is huge in terms of modified code and I know very little about how VideoPlayer works. We should leave it to professionals, I'll ask in the PR for backport.

Apparently this is a known Kodi issue, supposedly a PR is in for mainstream. See HERE

I haven't looked for the PR mentioned yet, but apparently v17 final was pushed out with this flaw as a result of a VideoPlayer rollback at the last minute, so not expecting the fix to show up overnight.

• Apparently this is a known Kodi issue, supposedly a PR is in for mainstream. See HERE

I haven't looked for the PR mentioned yet, but apparently v17 final was pushed out with this flaw as a result of a VideoPlayer rollback at the last minute, so not expecting the fix to show up overnight.

I'll add a backport to test for the next build but I'm not going to PR this to Kodi repo as I can't fully test it.

• Not sure if this is an issue with this build or just Kodi but my box is freezing when I attempt to play things through the TV shows or Movies menus. It works fine when playing through the Videos menu and actually navigating to the file. I'm using CIFS system mounts (/storage/.config/system.d) rather than the Kodi SMB implementation as I get buffering with that. Only way to get it back is to pull the power. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the sources and adding them again.

• I'll add a backport to test for the next build but I'm not going to PR this to Kodi repo as I can't fully test it.

That would be great, I can help with the testing. I use that feature a lot.

I wouldn't waste a bunch of time on it as I expect it will show up on the next kodi 17 bug fix release. It affects recordings from any and all pvr addons so there will be a bunch of noise over at the kodi camp.

• why this happens on libreelec? It happens when playing videos with res 1280 or higher.
    Lower resolution is fine!
    it's fine on my computer.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? I started getting that and changing the cable fixed it. No idea why but it worked. What's weirder was that the UI is in the right position, just the video is off.

• Have you tried a different HDMI cable? I started getting that and changing the cable fixed it. No idea why but it worked. What's weirder was that the UI is in the right position, just the video is off.

And that last part indicates that it can't really be the cable itself. Changing it just triggered something else.

I also had the problem once, changing resolutions back and forth fixed it for me.

• And that last part indicates that it can't really be the cable itself. Changing it just triggered something else.

I also had the problem once, changing resolutions back and forth fixed it for me.

Did you find the box had started booting up in 720p instead of 1080p? On mine it was and on a fresh install of LibreELEC it was defaulting to 720p. It seemed like the EDID info wasn't being communicated or something equally strange.

• And that last part indicates that it can't really be the cable itself. Changing it just triggered something else.

That makes sense, the video itself isn't downscaling to the screen's native resolution. If toggling resolutions doesn't reset it, then something in the code or the settings that's keeping the video in it's original size.

Annnnd, ummm.... there's a working Netflix solution out there :huh: I just cancelled my plan :( If I can get 1080p in LE, i'll sign back up :D

• Edited once, last by e123enitan (February 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM).

• Did you find the box had started booting up in 720p instead of 1080p? On mine it was and on a fresh install of LibreELEC it was defaulting to 720p. It seemed like the EDID info wasn't being communicated or something equally strange.

Edid never got correctly identified since my box boots faster than my TV. I had to use edid hack to get LE to boot to 1080. uboot (? the nexbox splash screen) always was 720p.

Come to think of it, I never had the problem since setting "fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p50hz; fw_setenv outputmode 1080p50hz" (and uboot is 1080 now). Note that this is very inconclusive since I only had the problem once before.

Edited once, last by juramusger (February 17, 2017 at 3:39 PM).

• Ssarava,

Many thanks. It seems to work now. I'm not a Kodi master and don't know all the features of kodi.

Thanks again.

Have you tried CEC in peripherals under settings-->System-->Input
    there you can change the settings not to switch off Kodi when powering off TV