problem with hdmi

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Libreelec on my Rpi 4 and I have some problem with getting it to work on my tv. Previously I had the same kind of problem with raspbian and the only way I could have the screen to work was to use the command line : hdmi_safe=1, in the raspbian config.txt. I can't say that i have the best resolution with this, it is far from that, but at least it work. So, I also tried this command with the Libreelec config file of and it partially worked :

Without this command, the screen won't work at all but with it work only if I first boot the Rpi with the hdmi cable unplugged and wait long enough for the boot to complete, then i can connect the hdmi cable and get an image on my screen. If I power up the pi with the hdmi cable connected, the tv never detect the signal.

At least, the resolution is way better with Libreelec than raspbian. But to have to wait before connecting the cable is not really convenient, Is there a way to fix this?

On raspbian, I have try similar setting than the one proposed in this post : Raspberry PI 4B, Sharp Aquos (~2011), LibreElec = Scrambled Video

but it did not work so i don't think they would work for me on Libreelec.

Thank

• Remove hdmi_safe=1 and try this at config.txt:

Code
    hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
    framebuffer_width=1920
    framebuffer_height=1080
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=16

If necessary, calibrate the screen by using LE's video settings.

Edited 7 times, last by Da Flex (March 11, 2020 at 9:12 PM).

• Thank you very much Da Flex, it worked perfectly. I don't know if it is related to this fix, but before i did not have any sound and now I do! I will try those setting on raspbian as well.