Intel NUC without any image on version superior to 8.0.2

• Hello All,

Sorry to bother with another thread like this, but have tried my best to surpass this, and i'm being unable to.

I've got a pretty recent NUC, and decided to update it to the lastest version of libreelec, 9.2.

Did it by SSH, and went fine, it booted and the SSH was on in no time.

The problem is that no image will show up on my Sony TV.

In 8.0.2 i had to (xrandr --output DP1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 30.00) and run it on auto start.

So checked xrandr and the output its right.

Tried to change the output and deleted all the addons and nothing.

I then started downgrade libreelec and only in version 8.0.2 i'm able to get image again.

My NUC is connected to a Yamaha amplifier by HDMI, so we have that. But in this version all works fine.

Can you guys give me a help troubleshooting this?

• Can you guys give me a help troubleshooting this?

Perhaps you can start with more details on your "pretty recent NUC".

Try enabling debugging via the advancedsettings.xml file, set the loglevel to 1, and reboot the NUC again for a clean log file.

Then again SSH into the box, and type 'pastekodi' and provide us the returned URL.

Also take out the AVR so the NUC has a direct connection to your TV, just to keep things simple for now.

• Model: NUC7i5BNK

did you tried to install LE from scratch ?

Yes, first in the latest build, and then in 8.2

And I'm sorry to say the result is the same. The xrandr doesn't work.

-
    Doing a direct connection to the TV it works fine (even on rate 60)

So this should be a incompatibility with the AVR

Edited 3 times, last by hcmonteiro (March 3, 2020 at 12:37 AM).

• How do you turn on your system ? In what order ?

I have an Intel NUC (much older than yours), a Yamaha AVR and a Sony TV. I use a Logitech Harmony remote with an activity to turn them all on in the proper sequence. If the NUC is turned on too soon, I end up with a black screen.

When your system is on and you have a black screen, try switching your Yamaha to a different active input for a few seconds and then back again to your NUC. See if the screen appears now.

• Perhaps you can start with more details on your "pretty recent NUC".

Try enabling debugging via the advancedsettings.xml file, set the loglevel to 1, and reboot the NUC again for a clean log file.

Then again SSH into the box, and type 'pastekodi' and provide us the returned URL.

Also take out the AVR so the NUC has a direct connection to your TV, just to keep things simple for now.

Let me get a HDMI cable and I'll do that. Thks for the quick response

--------------------

Hello guys. Sorry for wasting your time.

So after I got the direct HDMI working, I suspected of the main HDMI cable to the AVR.

Before that I updated the firmware of the AVR and then I checked the HDMI cable to the AVR.

Everything stopped working (other boxes).

So I tried with the recently bought HDMI and everything works as it should.

Even better (the firmware helped, i've got a Yamaha AVR and the new firmware improved the image).

So now I'm a really happy guy with LibreElec on a NUC. Just the wife not really happy cus all it's messed up (cables all over the place).

Very thanks to all of you guys, that tried to help, really appreciated. :*:*:*

I enabled debugging via the advancedsettings xml, to revert just delete the file?