No HDMI option in Confluence skin

• Hi! I have used OpenElec for years on an old Celeron dual core PC, 1,8GHz with a Nvidia GT610 GPU. After a HDD-crash I installed LibreElec, 9.2.0, Kodi 18.5 I changed to Confluence skin, since I used that before.

I connected an old 4:3 monitor on the DVI-port, and everything seemed to work ok. But there were no widescreen resolutions available, and on the Kodi Monitor menu there was only "DVI and Default" to choose from. I connected a HDMI-monitor, and if i switch on the HDMI-monitor before the pc, the HDMI-option and widescreen resolutions are available from the Monitor menu, and can be selected. Then I turned off the pc, disconnected the monitor, and connected the PC to my AVR, and the HDMI-out of the AVR to the same HDMI-monitor. No video. I didn`t have this problem before with OpenElec. Is there a clever setting I can do with SSH, or perhaps I should use an older LibreElec distribution?

• Kodi only references the EDID data necessary for audio/video config once at startup, so if the HDMI monitor isn't on/connected before Kodi starts it sees nothing after you turn it on. You can dump the edid data to a local .bin file and then configure xorg.conf to always use the .bin file. This makes the nvidia driver (and Xorg) behave as if it's connected to the monitor, even when it isn't connected. This behaviour has been the same since early OE days so you probably did this once on the OE install and then forgot about it. See Custom EDID [LibreELEC.wiki]

• Kodi only references the EDID data necessary for audio/video config once at startup, so if the HDMI monitor isn't on/connected before Kodi starts it sees nothing after you turn it on. You can dump the edid data to a local .bin file and then configure xorg.conf to always use the .bin file. This makes the nvidia driver (and Xorg) behave as if it's connected to the monitor, even when it isn't connected. This behaviour has been the same since early OE days so you probably did this once on the OE install and then forgot about it. See Custom EDID [LibreELEC.wiki]

Thanks! Have not touched the OE-pc for at least 5 years, so it could be that I did this during install..