Storage on NFS share - huge network traffic on startup

• Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm not native English speaker so bear with me.

I'm trying to get over once and for all with the corrupted cards due to the quality of utility power here (don't ask..)

At the past, I've tried lot of different cards, speeds, manufacturers and so on, to no available. Eventually sd-cards will fail.
    I'm very experienced with other systems on PXE process, file sharing and alike, so the learning curve is minimum.

I've tried the following :

Setup a full working system on raspberry pi3+. All bells and whistles are working as they should.

Now , for the above mentioned reasons i would like to set up the sd card as read only (the second step would be PXE boot) and move storage partition over an NFS share.

So i rsync'd the storage partition over the NFS share and changed the cmdline.txt accordingly.

Luckily, i've connected for monitoring process a mikrotik device where i can monitor the generated traffic.

Unless i'm missing something crucial on the process, the rapsberry during boot generates a total traffic of 4 to 6 GB on the NFS share (!) , for a folder that is more or less 120MB in size with total of 896 files.

Usually, this is not an issue on a gigabit wired network , but the network card top up for more than 4 to 5 minutes.

After that period of time, the network goes into idle.

Any suggestions or directions would be more than welcomed!

rasp:~/# mount

/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /flash type vfat (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

192.168.1.1:/NFSFOLDER on /storage type nfs (rw,noatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,soft,nolock,proto=tcp,timeo=3,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.1.1,mountvers=3,mountproto=tcp,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.1.1)

Code
    Storage folder 
    rasp:~/ # du -h /storage/
    121.7M  /storage/
    rasp:~/ # du -h /storage/ | wc -l 

Code
    cmdline.txt contents
    boot=UUID=2102-0115 disk=NFS=IP_ADDRESS_OF_NFS_SERVER:/NFSFOLDER ip=dhcp ipv6.disable=1