Intel Atom D525 and Nvidia ION2 - Which build?

• First post, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I have a small computer I'd like to try LibreElec on, its a system based around an Intel Atom D525 and a Nvidia ION2.

Are there any particular builds I should be using to maximise driver support or for better performance? I read something about the Nvidia drivers, but wasnt sure :/

Not too fussed on the version of Kodi, if successful it will only be streaming upto 1080p x264 across the network, something my old android box has been doing for a while.

I presume I can install to the SSD from the bootable USB?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

• Official Post

There is only the Generic build for PC machines and alike. Some of the old hardware may need a specific Nvidia legacy driver, perhaps a 304.xx version (which you should find via the forum search option), and your D525 box needs to be 64bit compatible. LibreELEC does not do 32bit support. You can find older LibreELEC releases via http://archive.libreelec.tv .

• Atom D525 is 64 bit capable - no issues there. (Most Atoms are 64 bit, but some aren't - not always obvious which).

I have just updated my old D525/Ion2 box to the current 9.2.0 generic x86/64 build.

Here... AMD / Intel / nVidia – LibreELEC

It works fine. The Ion2 platform is OK with the Nvidia 340.107 driver that is available in the current release. I think the original Ion (mk 1) platform requires 304.xx.

• I think original ION will be in the too-old bucket now .. and the 304.xx driver is not ABI compatible with the versions of X11 that we ship in the 9.2 release so anyone seeking older driver support will need to downgrade a few things before building an image. In older LE versions it used to be possible to do a simple tweak to the nVidia driver version and rebuild, but that is no longer the case.