2 RPI 4 model B, playback issue on 1

• Hi All,

I just built 2 Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB devices and running LibreElec 9.2.0 on both and updated the firmware on both (bootloader EEPROM and VIA USB3)

Both Pi's connect to the same NAS over SMB, everything plays back fine on both devices except for 1 TV Show I ripped from the DVD I own. I can playback the rips fine from 1 Pi and from VLC on desktop with no issues both from my NAS.

On the Pi 4 with the issue the audio is ahead of the video and the video is stuttering. On the same Pi with the issue I can playback 4k rips no issues and so far all other rips I have made, both 480 SD/1080P/4K. It is only with this 1 rip, which is a standard 480 SD. I have retried ripping 1 episode with a different drive but same results, everything plays back the rip normally but the 1 PI

I have tried to disable MMAL hardware acceleration and the Adjust display refresh rate to start/stop with no change. I have also reinstalled Libreelec to the SD card with no change in playback.

Problem setup -

RPI 4 - 4GB, 1GB wired ethernet

TV - LG OLED55B7A - 4K TV

Samsung EVO Pro 32GB SD

Working Setup

RPI 4 - 4GB, 1GB Wired Ethernet

TV Panasonic TC-P65VT50 - 1080P 3D TV

Samsung EVO 32GB SD

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

• Did some more testing and the problem stays with the LG TV. If I move the Rpi 4 connect to Panasonic TV where playback works the issue still exists in the LG TV. Tried different HDMI cables and switched to WiFi instead of Ethernet and nothing has resolved the issue.

Would logs be of any use here? If so I'll grab them.

Just so odd it's only this 1 TV show exhibiting the issue.

• Official Post

Would logs be of any use here? If so I'll grab them.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Full debug logs here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks,

Greg

• I upgraded to 9.2.1 but still having the same issue. Hoping the logs will point to the problem. I tried 9.2.1 with and without the hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 . When I was running 9.2.0 I never used hdmi_enable_4k=1

• Does anyone have an idea of what is going on here or see anything in the debug log I posted? I now see this issue with a movie I ripped as well. Re-ripped the movie and confirmed no errors on rip using makemkv. Once again the movie plays fine from my other PI 4 and from my PC without issue.

Any help here would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

• So my problem is solved I believe. There was a firmware update for my TV, LG 55B7A that update from 05.80.50 to 05.80.55. That update fixed most of my playback issues, but some videos still had a slight lag (0.5 seconds) in video to audio, where before the video was lagging behind the audio by about 5 seconds. Then turning the setting on under Player to sync playback to display seems to have solved all my playback issues.

Will still need to do some more testing but initial playback so far seems perfect.