Content of directories from NAS isn't listed

• Hello community,

I may need some help to get on track. I'm a total newbie with LIBRE Elec installed on a Raspberry 4. The version is LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.0.

The installation on SD card via Libre Elec SD Creator was easy, so was the setup on the Pi4. I use WIFI connection and had no problems getting online.

To add files under Videos, I select Browse -> Windows network (SMB) -> <My Network> -> select one of three NAS. Enter its user Id and password - and I will see the top directories. Selecting a directory, I will only see the sub-directories but not the files in this directory. What I noticed, when I select a directory with hundreds of video files (.mp4), the cursor freezes for a while. The more files in a directory, the longer is this delay time. However, it will always list 0 items. Only when the directory contains sub-directories, they will be counted for items. All files are ignored.

Does that make sense? What am I doing wrong? In the forum I couldn't find anything that would give me a hint.

Hope someone can help me to start looking in the right direction

• Hello Da Flex,

Thank you for your response. However, there is no such file. The entire root lists only 21 files and one directory "overlays", which contains 178 files. None of it is smb.conf

• Thanks Da Flex,

I think the problem is solved. I couldn't get Samba to work, but your input gave me entry points to research. After a fruitless attempt to mount a network share, I checked the NAS settings. The NAS is a few years old, so probably the new Samba version is not compatible. However, in the Network Services on the NAS I found a disabled NFS Service. The rest was easy. After I enabled NFS Service, the Pi found the NAS and the shared folders, but still no content. The next step was to enable the access rights for the shared folders - and SUCCESS

Thanks again for your input