Posts by 2cvsrus

Thanks Da Flex,

I think the problem is solved. I couldn't get Samba to work, but your input gave me entry points to research. After a fruitless attempt to mount a network share, I checked the NAS settings. The NAS is a few years old, so probably the new Samba version is not compatible. However, in the Network Services on the NAS I found a disabled NFS Service. The rest was easy. After I enabled NFS Service, the Pi found the NAS and the shared folders, but still no content. The next step was to enable the access rights for the shared folders - and SUCCESS

Thanks again for your input

Hello community,

I may need some help to get on track. I'm a total newbie with LIBRE Elec installed on a Raspberry 4. The version is LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.0.

The installation on SD card via Libre Elec SD Creator was easy, so was the setup on the Pi4. I use WIFI connection and had no problems getting online.

To add files under Videos, I select Browse -> Windows network (SMB) -> <My Network> -> select one of three NAS. Enter its user Id and password - and I will see the top directories. Selecting a directory, I will only see the sub-directories but not the files in this directory. What I noticed, when I select a directory with hundreds of video files (.mp4), the cursor freezes for a while. The more files in a directory, the longer is this delay time. However, it will always list 0 items. Only when the directory contains sub-directories, they will be counted for items. All files are ignored.

Does that make sense? What am I doing wrong? In the forum I couldn't find anything that would give me a hint.

Hope someone can help me to start looking in the right direction