All addons are gone after imaging SD card and copying image to new SD card!

• I just did a fresh install of LibreELEC on an 8GB SD card for my Raspberry Pi 2.

After spending a day installing addons, favorites, and configuring everything the way I needed, I wanted to make a full backup image of the card.
    So with my Ubuntu laptop I used gparted to shrink the filesystem partition on the SD card to about 550MB (only 467MB were used).
    Then I used "sudo dd if=/dev/sdb of=LibreELEC_7.0.2_with_addons+favorites.img bs=1M count=600" to copy the SD card to an image file.

I then realized I had a better SD card available (class 10) and copied the new image to that SD card.
    Once copied I used gparted to grow the filesystem partition to the full size of the card.

The card booted in the Raspberry pi fine, but NONE of my addons or settings were there... it somehow turned into a 'factory' install.

How did this happen, and how do I fix it without having to manually go through a fresh install of everything all over again? Is there something special about the way LibreELEC is setup that doesn't allow you to make backup images and copy them to other SD cards?

• Just backup your .kodi folder. Probably use the backup/restore option LibreELEC provides itself.

If you clone the complete SD card, you have to write it back to another one. That is nearly the same time as doing a fresh install. Then it´s just restoring the .kodi folder you backuped before. Job of 5 minutes.