Posts by sy278

I have been using Kodi since back when it was XBMC Dharma and have always used the 'Microsoft with Teletext' remote and HP MCE remotes with all the systems in the house. Until upgrading to Librelec 9.0.1 from 8.2.5 I have never edited a keymap but now the key on every remote that was previously triggering the context menu, guide button, now triggers the PVR guide had as required me to create a gen.xml file in Userdata/keymaps with the below entry:

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="50">contextmenu</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

Why has this happened?

It's not a big deal, but, I am wondering why and what else has changed that I haven't noticed yet.

Had this on mine too, was the SD card beginning to fail. I suggest you create a full back up of your system and copy it off of the backup share. Flash a new sd card with a clean image and then restore the backup to it. If you still have issues try running it on a clean image also check psu is powerful enough and not failing.

Why are people suggesting to change from hostname to ip address in the smb path?

There should be no reason to do this, in fact I have just done the upgrade and the only changes I had to make were add the local user to the shares in Windows then add the credentials to the hostname from file manager in kodi and set it to remember the credentials for the path. All media now working again.