Emulators on x86 platform

• Hi there,

I'm using Libreelec fine for videos on a Hawell i3 NUC. I tried to install emulators from the default repos. They install fine but I can't launch anything, and the emulators won't even show up in the games section of the UI. It looks like I'm missing something!

I've done some research but I can't find the solution. A lot of suggestions for alternatives distros or repos, which I'm ok to consider if there is no way to make emulators work on the stock version of OE.

Thanks for your help.

• Kodi sucks a bit at presenting games, there is still no database to store the configuration needed for a specific game rom. In short, Emulators are just background plumbing and are not the thing you navigate from. You need to start from a game rom, then you're prompted for the Emulator to use with that rom. Then the game launches. This is where add-ons like "Internet Archive Game Launcher" are useful, because they create the searchable front-end interface to navigate from. The only games that will show up under "Home > Games" are games that are natively compiled to run on the host platorm (no emulator involved) e.g. 2048 and the Bomberman clone in our game repo.