Posts by Widescreen

That started an interesting discussion, thanks. I understand the N100 is pretty new and since x86 is no longer the focus of the LE team it might take a while until the issues are solved on the Intel side without their contribution.

I might join the Pi bandwagon if it's the best, but I'll keep an eye on the resolution of the N100 issues because on paper it looks like a perfect platform. N6005 working flawlessly is also interesting to know (although if it doesn't have AV1 there might not be any benefit over the Pi).

I'm not in a rush and I'm grateful that my current setup is just flawless with LE in 1080p.

I've been running LE on an Haswell NUC for some years. Works fine but I'm planning to upgrade my TV to a 4K Samsung model, and while the NUC works fine with 1080p, 4K HDR is beyond its abilities.

I've been reading the posts here and it looks like RPi4 is the way to go. Fair enough, but I would like a bit more information.

- What are the current limitations of the RPi4 if any? 4K H264 I've heard, but that's not an issue, I don't have such files. Does CEC work fine? Does refresh rate adjusts ok to video? HDR10? HDR10+? AV1?

- Will the RPi5 be an improvement for LE?

- Any accessories I should consider?

- Does any other device perform better regardless of the price? Such as a cheap but modern mini PC?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm using Libreelec fine for videos on a Hawell i3 NUC. I tried to install emulators from the default repos. They install fine but I can't launch anything, and the emulators won't even show up in the games section of the UI. It looks like I'm missing something!

I've done some research but I can't find the solution. A lot of suggestions for alternatives distros or repos, which I'm ok to consider if there is no way to make emulators work on the stock version of OE.

Thanks for your help.

Hi eveyone,

I have always been using the following setting in advancedsettings.xml in order to fix the issue with the combination of : intel HDMI (Haswell NUC in my case) / Pioneer AVR / 44.1 KHz sound / 1080p resolution / refresh rate > 30 Hz.

<audio>

<minimumsamplerate>48000</minimumsamplerate>

</audio>

This fix was resampling all 44.1 KHz sound to 48 and worked fine in Krypton.

I just installed the latest Leia beta (Kodi RC), and it looks like it's not working anymore, therefore I have to use a fixed sample rate in the settings menu (and lose pass through).

Anyone else (intel + Pioneer AVR) with the same issue ? The bug will always be there, but the fix was great. Is it not working anymore because of something changing in Kodi in Libreelec ? Any clue how to fix this ?

Any chance it will be fixed in the final release ?

Thanks !