File Manager - Have to reset system if folder remotely deleted - Pi4, LE9.2

• Hi,

This may be a kodi level issue or an intended result but i dont think its a great user experience.

System: Pi4, Libreelec 9.2

Issue: Comes up with error 'Remote Share: Path not found or invalid' when folder has been deleted. Unable to go up a level in the folder tree or go to drive level root structure, I have to reset system

Method:

1) Enter file manager, browse to folder on USB stick

2) Exit file manager (leaving browsed to folder open) and return to home screen

3) Using windows folder share browse into system and locate same folder

4) Delete folder (as I often do tidying up system)

5) enter file manger again as normal, comes up with error 'Remote Share: Path not found or invalid'

6) I cannot now browse up a level in file browser, I have to reset system

I *know* I deleted the folder and error message is fine, but I think it would be better if it then rooted that side of the file browser to the root drive level so I can continue to use and not have to reset system.

Or there may be another way I am not aware of to make it refresh file manager view?

Its a minor point, but a little annoying, thanks to devs for all their work :angel:

• Hi,

This may be a kodi level issue or an intended result but i dont think its a great user experience.

System: Pi4, Libreelec 9.2

Issue: Comes up with error 'Remote Share: Path not found or invalid' when folder has been deleted. Unable to go up a level in the folder tree or go to drive level root structure, I have to reset system...

Unfortunately, not specific to LibElec. The exact same thing happens on OSMC. I use automated remote sftp scripts to copy/remove/update files/folders (i.e., not using Samba) onto a Raspberry Pi3b+ on the latest stable KODI/OSMC. If I have used "File Manager" to navigate to a particular media [e.g. TV Shows/specific show] folder -- and am still "in" that folder when the directory is removed -- I have to restart and/or reboot KODI/OSMC to get my external USB media drive back on-line.

• This should be reported to the Kodi developers on GitHub with screenshots or video to explain the issue.

Ok, thanks will do.

Unfortunately, not specific to LibElec. The exact same thing happens on OSMC. I use automated remote sftp scripts to copy/remove/update files/folders (i.e., not using Samba) onto a Raspberry Pi3b+ on the latest stable KODI/OSMC. If I have used "File Manager" to navigate to a particular media [e.g. TV Shows/specific show] folder -- and am still "in" that folder when the directory is removed -- I have to restart and/or reboot KODI/OSMC to get my external USB media drive back on-line.

Interesting, i did wonder if it was just libreelec. thanks