Posts by bigtoejam

Hello! I have some ideas, but since I do not have your system/OS, I don't have an answer...

1) Yes, LibreELEC's system directories are essentially read-only. One way around this would be to make an exact copy/backup of your memory card and then edit that copy on another system (e.g. "Windows" via a memory-card reader) or a "live" linux CD or via a USB/memory-card reader mounted to the RPi4. Then reboot using this newly edited memory-card.

2) I looked at the "BOOTIN" script. I don't see the absolute necessity that the script be in "/bin" per se. It is not needed at boot time. It just needs to be in your PATH env (or current directory via "./") and executable. I.e., you run the script, it modifies the noobs.conf file as indicated (for Rasp. or Kodi/LibreELEC boot pointers) and then you reboot the RPi.

3) Do you actually have NOOBS installed? I ask since the script is modifying the noobs.conf file which is only going to be processed if you have NOOBS as the base installer for your LibreELEC, Raspbian and Lakka [?].

Hi,

This may be a kodi level issue or an intended result but i dont think its a great user experience.

System: Pi4, Libreelec 9.2

Issue: Comes up with error 'Remote Share: Path not found or invalid' when folder has been deleted. Unable to go up a level in the folder tree or go to drive level root structure, I have to reset system...

Unfortunately, not specific to LibElec. The exact same thing happens on OSMC. I use automated remote sftp scripts to copy/remove/update files/folders (i.e., not using Samba) onto a Raspberry Pi3b+ on the latest stable KODI/OSMC. If I have used "File Manager" to navigate to a particular media [e.g. TV Shows/specific show] folder -- and am still "in" that folder when the directory is removed -- I have to restart and/or reboot KODI/OSMC to get my external USB media drive back on-line.

I don't have LE running on my Pi4/4 right now (I did), but my understanding is that h264 decoding is NOT supported in hardware on the Pi4 (vs h265). So it would be like viewing an HD h265 video on a 3b+. My testing suggestion would be to re-encode the h264 video into h265 (via handbrake, whatever) and see how that runs in comparison?

New to LibreELEC, but not OSMC. Am configuring a new RPi4 libreElec on 9.1.002. Tried to install log2ram, which failed completely, since all directories it needs write access to are read only. Is log2ram functionality a benefit under LibreELEC? (and if not, other suggestions as to reducing SSD writes under this OS, if not log2ram?). Thanks.