[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• fast UI at 4k

I wouldn't complain at all if it was slow at >= 1080p, you did an amazing job bringing those boxes back to life, it's just that it's slow on all resolutions for me even the lowest :(.

Actually I was never able to test your builds, just the original, since USB doesn't work on them and I don't have a remote. Maybe yours are better, dunno.

• sadly rk322x is not rpi4 :)

so fast UI at 4k with all visual effects enabled is impossible.

I suggest to stay at 720p for a better UI experience.

in the meantime i managed to build an alpha version of libreelec 10.. it works quite well ... but please don't ask ETA :)

Okay.

We're waiting impatiently.

Thank you.

• My images contains some optimizations, and works better, but rk322x is an old soc.

So what i meant is that to try to improve even more, i should try to overclock gpu and cpu.

and I don't know if it makes sense to risk system stability for a gui.

for the usb problem you could try to copy the dtb file of the image that works, and use it with my images.

share kernel logs anyway. I'll try to take a look.

thanks

• improve even more

Yea, I was referring to knaerzche's images - haven't properly tested yours. It's totally not a big issue, UI is just that - UI, I found that the Pellucid skin with 720p is very usable. I'll try what you proposed in a bit when I backup this SD-card or get my hands on a new one. Cheers.

• Code
    it's emmc. Regarding the internal hd, it can be seen from LE and you have access to it.
  • I just use it on an sd and compared to the previous build I see that I can't connect via ssh and samba files and I'm connected via wifi which looks powerful. my tv box is rk3229 V88 4k...Cheers

• I just use it on an sd and compared to the previous build I see that I can't connect via ssh and samba files and I'm connected via wifi which looks powerful. my tv box is rk3229 V88 4k...Cheer

Thanks for the report. I'll try to fix it in the next build.

• markosc, I've updated only the image for v884k and v88mars.. try and let me know

It is curious as much as the previous one and this version when I insert the rj45 cable with the wifi activated automatically I can enter through ssh and the samba share but if I restart the box or it is turned off I will not be able to enter the ssh or samba, I have to repeat the plugging process the rj45 cable

• for the usb problem you could try to copy the dtb file of the image that works, and use it with my images

Seems to be working fine. UI is still a bit laggy, but manageable in 720p - 25-30 fps. H264 video over smb works very well

• Any chance to rk3228a-h96mini image to work on the new H96 Mini V8 box?

I know this is from a year ago, but FWIW I just installed the h96mini image on a H96 Mini V8. Wifi/Bluetooth and IR receiver don't work, but everything else works.

edit: IR works (was missing keymap).

Edited once, last by bluetako (January 29, 2022 at 2:33 PM).

• Hi! I put V88 Plus 4K on it that works well, but I failed to install it on the internal storage. SD Card is running fine.

Is there another way to put internal memory? https://androidpctv.com/tutorial-libre…tv-box-android/

• bluetako wich builds?! mainline or legacy?!

Can you please share more info of WiFi chip?! (brand and model)

cheers

Looks like it's bcm4329.

Code
    h96miniv8:/ # cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/dwmmc@30010000/wifi@1/compatible
    brcm,bcm4329-fmac

EDIT: this seems to be wrong - it's coming straight from the dts. Is it possible to get the wifi card model from the sysfs, or do I have to open up the box?

Edited once, last by bluetako (February 2, 2022 at 7:30 AM).

• Thank you so much for your labor,my box isV88 MINI RK3299 2Gram + 8Grom RTL8723CS WiFi Bluetooth

I tried to flash a lot of ROMs from 4PDA-BBS, only one ROM containing RTL8703BS RTL8723CSWiFi Bluetooth driver can be used, other ROMs cannot use Bluetooth WiFi because of different drivers. So I'm looking around for ROMs that can support

Can I try flashing your ROM? I'm using 2017 Android 6.0 ROM, now it's a very unfriendly ROM

• Looks like it's bcm4329.

Code
    h96miniv8:/ # cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/dwmmc@30010000/wifi@1/compatible
    brcm,bcm4329-fmac

EDIT: this seems to be wrong - it's coming straight from the dts. Is it possible to get the wifi card model from the sysfs, or do I have to open up the box?

unfortunately yes, you have to open the box and read the label of the wifi chip, or if you have another working SO (like Android), retrieve the information in another way.

ilovefly if you have a spare sd card why not :) but keep in mind that often info about ram can be faked on Android (on libreelec instead it's the real one)