[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• 4920441 Which label says its RK3228 on A95XR1? I'm about to give up on saying anything about whats inside any of those boxes: Looks like the put in whatever the want :) For remote: Take a look a IR picture here: [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228 if you having exactly the same remote for your box (note the square recess at the bottom) you'll have to take the remote.conf from here: [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228. If you have one without remote should work out of the box.

• 4920441 Which label says its RK3228 on A95XR1? I'm about to give up on saying anything about whats inside any of those boxes: Looks like the put in whatever the want :) For remote: Take a look a IR picture here: [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228 if you having exactly the same remote for your box (note the square recess at the bottom) you'll have to take the remote.conf from here: [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228. If you have one without remote should work out of the box.

The Label on the downside says it... The A95X [LF] R1 is printed on the case top. Chinese sellers are, lets say, really creative regarding Names, Specs and support....

[Oh yes, that's exactly my remote as well. I'll try it again. Thank you very much, I'll try that out.]

Edit: Works like a charm! Thank you!

Cheers,

• regarding remotes I found two great categories :

I call them the black one and the white/green one

If you look at upper right button , the one that in " black" ( like on the photos you posted) should mute the volume , well some boards have the same button green or white

of course they are different

• @WindrunnerXT

If you want your device to be faster - try to use the device tree from v884k - the ddr timings are the same:

Insert the SD-Card in your computer open the LIBREELEC partion/device. Extract "SYSTEM" from LIBREELEC paration (using unsquashfs on linux or 7zip on windows) go to /usr/share/bootloader - you will there find rk3229-box-v884k.dtb - copy this file to "LIBREELEC". Edit extlinux/extlinux.conf and replace "rk3228b-box-v88mars-II.dtb" with that new filename.

Never heared of "S9012P" wifi - there is no driver available in RK kernel.

Hello!
    First of all, thank you so much for this job.

I tried to change the .dtb to improve performance but had no results.
    I have the device MXQ Pro 4k (rk3229) with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM.

What can I do to improve performance?

Thank you!!! :)

Edited once, last by xisco (February 26, 2020 at 10:27 PM).

• As previously announced I can now proudly (literally) present mainline images for RK322x platform as well - this finally proofes that this platform will be supported in future as well (other than stated elewhere). Special thanks Rockchip kernel maintiainer Heiko Stübner (aka mmind) who adds support even for the oldest Rockchip SoCs to mainline for this. I tested it for a few days now and can say it works quite stable already and is good enough for everyday use for features which are currently supported (check "Mainline images" part of [unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228 to see whats currently supported). Only annoying thing with current mainline kernel is, that there is no support for DDR frequency scaling - this makes stuff a bit slower than on legacy images. You will see a "flickering" screen when connecting a 4K Display with > 30 Hz but only for the splash screen (kodi works OK) for that reason. You will have to add "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080" to extlinux.conf to get rid of this (this will only apply to splash screen - kodi will automatically take higher res).

While I will upstream some of my stuff, I will keep tack whats happening for RK devices in mainline and update these images regulary

Since kodi 18.6 was released yesterday I also updated legacy images and brought it in sync with current LE-9.2 tree. There is now also direct support for 3 more devices: MXQ 4K Pro, Alfawise A8 and Tanix TX2. The A8 Image will work on any RK3228X DDR2 device. I also enabled Ethernet, IR Receiver and SD Card on all device trees, so that images will be easier to use on devices they are not directly made for.

• There are some precompiled images and instructions on armbian forum, feel free to download and test them!

I will try this method, but i'm afraid of erasing flash on my box, since I don't have the firmware to flash android back later if necessary... (since it is a chinese version of T95Z, I couldn't find it on internet).

Is it possible to backup the flash/rom using rkdeveloptool? Is there any other way o backup my image?

• Unfortunatelly my fake T95Z Plus chinese box which is able to boot v88 mars II LE image isn't recognized by a computer using USB mal e-to-mal e cable. I tried windows and also linux with rkdeveloptool, but no device is recognized. :X

• creited

You are able to use Linux this is great because you can try armbian starting from SD!

Take your libreelec SD and substitute all the content of fat part and rootfs ext4 part with content from armbian.

In other words, don't touch miniloader-trustos-boot of libreelec mars II and use kernel init and rootfs from Jock compilation

Give it a try

• I will try this method, but i'm afraid of erasing flash on my box, since I don't have the firmware to flash android back later if necessary... (since it is a chinese version of T95Z, I couldn't find it on internet).

Is it possible to backup the flash/rom using rkdeveloptool? Is there any other way o backup my image?

Yes, you can also backup your existing firmware using rkdeveloptool. I added some instructions in the first page on how to backup and restore the firmware based on those from the rk3288. I cannot test them right now because I don't have a mal e-to-mal e cable.

Otherwise you could follow fabiobassa advice and mix armbian rootfs with libreelec boot - there are more instructions on a link on the first page on armbian forum again.

Yet, if you have issues or questions about armbian, it is much better to write there so other armbian users can help you (you may also ask user hexdump who made the working libreelec boot + armbian rootfs mix)

• creited

You are able to use Linux this is great because you can try armbian starting from SD!

Take your libreelec SD and substitute all the content of fat part and rootfs ext4 part with content from armbian.

In other words, don't touch miniloader-trustos-boot of libreelec mars II and use kernel init and rootfs from Jock compilation

Give it a try

It seems to be so simple as you write, but unfortunatelly i'm noob with filesystems.

I burned a bootable LE on a SDCARD and I can see 02 partitions: LIBREELEC and STORAGE

I burned Armbian (Armbian 20.05.0 Debian Buster Minimal - kernel 5.4.21 - r329q board (only RK3228b and RK3229)) on a USB drive and I can see a 554 MB Volime:

I couldn't really understand how to mix these files (and which files). Can you help me?

Thanks

• creited

Try to follow these instructions

I tried to follow those instructions, and I had nothing but a black screen when trying to boot.

I formated the SDCARD to FAT32 an plugged it on a linux machine. See the output:

Edited once, last by creited (March 18, 2020 at 1:07 AM).

• I tried to follow those instructions, and I had nothing but a black screen when trying to boot.

It didn't work because because you used dd on the partition /dev/mmcblk0p1.

Instead you have to use it against the device /dev/mmcblk0 (without the trailing p1)

• It didn't work because because you used dd on the partition /dev/mmcblk0p1.

Instead you have to use it against the device /dev/mmcblk0 (without the trailing p1)

Awesome jock2!

It worked and now I am testing!.

Is there a way to create an image file from this SDCARD so that I don't need to mess with linux everytime I need to load armbian in this device?

Thank you very much!