[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• Maybe you bought a RK3229-Device some years ago and thought: Oh what a buggy chinese grap ... and tostedt into trash ... but wait: maybe you didn't ... just look for it in the boxroom, storeroom your whereever you put stuff you 'maybe need later' ... Since current Rockchip 4.4-Kernel supports it I added support to current LE-9.2 branch - it works nice - so why not publishing it - mainline Images build against a recent 9.80 tree now available too)

Legacy Images:

Source: GitHub - knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI

Images: Release RK322x-le92-d20c7bc · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Main differences to curent LE-9.2 tree:

• use of recent RK-4.4-Kernel (4.4.194)
    • use of latest rkmpp
    • added support for MPEG4-Hardware decoding (not sure, why it wasn't added before)
    • Support for SSV6051-Wifi module

Everything that is working an RK3328-Platform is working for RK322x-platform with this builds too (except for HDR and fractional frame rates - this is not supported by the hardware)

These builds are using LE-Binary-Addons from RK3328 - so they are available too

CEC is enabled in all images but will only work if your manufacturer solderd the parts that are needed to make it work. Automatic frame-rate-switching is working, but disabled by default: You can enable it, if you are sure, you wont use any fractional-frame-rate content

Currently supported RK3229 devices:

• A95XR1 -DDR3, SSV6051 Wifi , eMMC, CEC
    • D88 HDMI Stick - DDR3, RTL8723 Wifi (SDIO Package), NAND, no ethernet
    • HK1 mini - DDR3, SSV6051 Wifi, NAND
    • V884K - DDR3, SSV6051 wifi, NAND
    • V88Mars - DDR2, SSV6051 Wifi, NAND
    • HPH NT-N8 - DDR3, AP6181 wifi (SDIO Package), eMMC
    • TANIX TX2, DDR3, RTL8703 Wifi (unsure, if wifi will work)

Just try any image you like you think could working ... you can't destroy anything ...but on the contrary: You can your device bring back to live, if its bricked already. As the very last resort for you should always try the V88Mars image - since it has DDR2 DRAM it has no dram-timing configuration and no frequency setting for DRAM and should therefore boot on any RK3229 device (but it will be sloooow). Main difference between the differend images are the dram-timing configuration and the wifi type: If you for example have an DDR3-Type Box with RTL8189 Wifi - try to use the image HPH NT-N8 ... since it has an SDIO-Package type wifi. (actual wifi chip will be autodetected by the driver).

If none of the obove images is working (booting) for you: You're likely to have an RK3228A or RK3228B in your box ... and you might not even now - they were often sold as RK3229 - buth they won't boot an RK3229-image since they need a different ATF/TrustOS image. Main difference between RK3228 A and RK3228B: RK3228A's CPU will run at 1,2 GHz (instead of 1,4) and GPU will run at 400 MHz (instead of 500 Mhz) .. basically any RK3228A-Image will run on both: A and B (and vice versa)

Currently supported RK3228 devices:

• V88 Mars II, DDR3, RK3228B, SSV6051 wifi, NAND
    • H96 Mini H8, DDR3, RK3228A, AP6330 (SDIO Package) wifi, eMMC, CEC (This box does not have an SD Card slot - you will have to erase emmc to use it - I explained how to to this here: [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228)
    • MK809IV HDMI Stick, RK3228B, DDR3, RTL8723 Wifi (SDIO Package), eMMC, no ethernet
    • MXQ 4K Pro, RK3228A, DDR3, oviously deliverd with different wifi types - some will work, others not
    • Alfawise A8, RK3228B, DDR2, SSV6051P (should/will work on other RK3228X devices with DDR2 too)

Mainline Images:

Source: GitHub - knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv at ml-master

Images: Release RK322x first mainline release · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Build against:

• LE 9.80
    • Kernel 5.5.0
    • uboot 202001
    • mesa 20.0 (beta), which makes use of opensource lima drm gpu driver

Currently supported features:

• HDMI resolutions up to 2160p; CEC if device supports it (only none interlaced modes are supported by current RK DRM driver in mainline kernel)
    • HW video decoding for MPEG2/VP8/H264 up to 1080p; everything else will be software decoded
    • Wifi will work if there is a mainline driver available for your chipset
    • no preconfigured RC keymaps (create your own, IR Receiver itself is working)
    • all other IO-Ports should work as well (with the exception for analog audio and anlog AV Port: there is no driver available for RK322x in mainline yet)

Images are available for generic RK3229 and RK3228 device - 2 "optimized" images are also for A95XR1 and H96 Mini - optimization level is currently quite low.

Since there are currently no addons available for Rockchip in LE-9.80 branch I uploaded all pvr and inputstream addons to my release to make testing a bit easier for you :)

Special thanks to jock2 and fabiobassa for testing and all sort of support :)

Give it a shot :) - any feedback is welcome - escapcially like jimjack12 did: Post if an image works with an box it is not made for: thanks

Edited 7 times, last by knaerzche (March 1, 2020 at 4:18 PM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • Goodmorning everyone

Great knaerzche

I tried the image

LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200102224730-eeeca64-rk3229-v884k on Dolamee D5 and everything works fine

only the wi-fi doesn't work, but the lan works.

it is currently working with an access point.

I believe that wi-fi does not work because the D5 rom chipset is:

Dolamee_D5_rtl8189es_simple_tvmc_change_100_RK3229_6.0.1_20170410.img

therefore the rtl8189es firmware is missing.

I have no idea how to insert it.

Thanks a lot anyway!!!!

Good job

• I recorded the image with the help of LibreELEC USB-SD Creator, installed the card in the slot, turned on the power and ... nothing.

Then try one of the other dtb files for booting.

If it doesn't work then perhaps your device can't boot from micro-sd cards.

• I recorded the image with the help of LibreELEC USB-SD Creator, installed the card in the slot, turned on the power and ... nothing.

What means nothing ... android didn't boot up either? With the exact device? I'm currently watching TV with it .... There is something I forgot to mention: Some people might have an RK3228(A/B) without even knowing it ... they are sold as RK3229 too. These current images won't boot on these hardware ... I just found found a way to support these too ... is going to come

mo123: I will add your f the firmware files for your AP6210 wifi too ... they are in the rk-firmware-package LE is currently using, but they are not all copied ... got my ap6330 working with it.

Tried with SCISHION V88 Mars II (2Gb DDR3). Doesn't boot at all (no led, no HDMI). I've used Mars and HK1 dtbs.

Just extracted an Image for this Device from rk3229_6.0_MX1_MARSII_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170627_v001_Spectek.zip - Google Drive -inside:

FIRMWARE_VER:6.0.1

MACHINE_MODEL:V88

MACHINE_ID:007

MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK

MAGIC: 0x5041524B

ATAG: 0x60000800

MACHINE: 3228

CHECK_MASK: 0x80

KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000

... so what you are actually having is an RK3228 ... as said before: will be supported soon

Edited once, last by knaerzche (January 6, 2020 at 6:10 PM).

• chewitt - thanks for the information. Since I'm still on 9.2 with my builds (while makeing good progress for mainline too) the rk-kernel is expection it's own (very strange) naming convention - loading firmware for ap6330 looks like this:

And therefore I still need to rely on LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-firmware/rockchip-firmware at libreelec-9.2 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub where all these firmwares are .... these for example weren't copied from rkbin

• What means nothing ... android didn't boot up either? With the exact device? I'm currently watching TV with it .... There is something I forgot to mention: Some people might have an RK3228(A/B) without even knowing it ... they are sold as RK3229 too. These current images won't boot on these hardware ... I just found found a way to support these too ... is going to come

RK3229. The blue LED is on and nothing is loading. If you remove the SD card, the android is loaded.

I wrote to the micro-SD card using etcher LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200102224850-eeeca64-rk3229-hk1mini.img.

• k7k8 :
    Did you also try the image for V88 Mars (as I suggested)? Other then with amlogic devices, your complete RAM will always be available not matter which image you use (I just listed the HW specs for reference) What andoid "hardware analyzer" apps are saying doesn't mean anything - they just read it out of other software - in case of RK3229 vs. RK3228 you will only really know it, when you remove the heatsink from the cpu and look at the actual chip. So: Please go ahead and try the V88mars-image if you have'nt already ... if its not working either - please send a link to a working android firmware. If the mars-image is working for you: please login via ssh and send a dmesg.

And: Please post in english the next time - I'm not sure 100% if I understood you correctly and it will help others when the read it. thanks.

• in case of RK3229 vs. RK3228 you will only really know it, when you remove the heatsink from the cpu and look at the actual chip.

if its not working either - please send a link to a working android firmware.

index.php? s = & showtopic = 935891 & смотреть = findpost & р = 89241975

RK3229_HK1_MINI_SSV6051_9_20190919.1347.img.7z - Google Drive

RK3229_HK1_MINI_SSV6051_9_20190919.1347.img