LibreELEC9.2.0/ Leia 18.5/ RPiB3+. 1. Can't save network settings. 2. Can't control network interfaces.

• Q1: Why can't I save network settings changes via a USB keyboard (do I need a mouse /facepalm)?

Q2. How do I have both wlan0 and eth0 start at boot, with wlan0 using dhcp and eth0 using a fixed IP?

0. With no ethernet cable connected, I reboot my Pi.

1. Hunched over in front of my TV, using a USB keyboard in a RPi, using the Kodi GUI, in the network settings, when I make changes I can't seem to save them. That is, the "Save" button cannot be selected with the keyboard.

2. With the settings

Gear icon > LibreELEC > System > Network > Wireless Networks > Active

Gear icon > LibreELEC > System > Network > Wired Networks > Active

and no ethernet cable connected, the one and only entry in

Gear icon > LibreELEC > System > Connections

is (correctly) my home WiFi with IP address 192.168.1.129/ ready/ dhcp

3. With the settings

Gear icon > LibreELEC > System > Network > Wireless Networks > Active

Gear icon > LibreELEC > System > Network > Wired Networks > Active

and a crossover ethernet cable connected directly to a device (an old Squeezebox 3), A new connection appears in

Gear icon > LibreELEC > System > Connections

called "Wired" and is bound to eth0. It is configured as manual. It has the IP/ subnet mask/ default router I want (this might not be correct, but it is what I want).

192.168.10.1/ 255.255.255.0

4. Leaving the system in the state described by 3., I reboot via the GUI.

5. The Pi comes up, but only eth0 is ready. wlan0 is idle. This is not what I want.

6. I disconnect the ethernet cable and reboot. This brings me back to step 0.

• Code
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf

^ edit "PreferredTechnologies = ethernet,wifi,cellular" to be "PreferredTechnologies = wifi,ethernet,cellular" and save/reboot. This ensures connman will allow a persistent default route over WiFi, else when you connect Ethernet connman prefers it and overwrites default routes. You can also use the console "connmanctl" utility over SSH to set the Ethernet interface properties (static address, etc.) but I suspect the GUi will behave once you've changed the technology preference.

• Code
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf

^ edit "PreferredTechnologies = ethernet,wifi,cellular" to be "PreferredTechnologies = wifi,ethernet,cellular" and save/reboot. This ensures connman will allow a persistent default route over WiFi, else when you connect Ethernet connman prefers it and overwrites default routes. You can also use the console "connmanctl" utility over SSH to set the Ethernet interface properties (static address, etc.) but I suspect the GUi will behave once you've changed the technology preference.

That did the trick!

Merry Christmas!

• Next problem: If I boot the Pi with the ethernet cable connected, the system clock is set to

Apr 11 2019 18:28:36

If I boot without the ethernet cable connected, the system clock is correctly set. I installed and configured tvheadend as per this post, but no luck.

Then, as per this post, I set timeserver #1 to be the IP address of my router and rebooted, but no change.

Which of these is the next step?

1. Work out how to give the tvheadend (avahi?) user the rights to change the system clock

2. Fix ntp (I don't think it is broken, as without eth0 being connected, the system clock is correctly set

3. Something else