Pi 4b no video signal

• Hi, I have just bought a Pi 4b with 4GB RAM but can't get LibreELEC to run on it. The first try with a card that had Noobs on it got as far as installing everything but after the first reboot I only got a black screen with the message "no signal" on my TV. I then used the latest LibreELEC release and got as far as the WiFi configuration during which Kodi crashed and after that only the black screen again. I have also tried playing around with the hdmi settings in the config.txt (i.e. group, mode) but the best I can get is the LibreELEC splash screen for a few seconds and then the black screen comes back... A Raspbian Buster installation however works fine. Any ideas?

Edited 2 times, last by LeSchranz: Initially nothing was posted but "hi"... (December 12, 2019 at 2:28 PM).

• I was having the same issue, but just downloaded the latest image and everything worked. Image was copied direct to flash card via '# gzip -dc LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.0.img.gz > /dev/sdX && sync'.

• I downloaded the LibreELEC image (LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.0.img.gz) yesterday, so it should be the most recent one. I used the LibreELEC USB SD Creator to flash the SD Card on my WindowsPC. And I am using HDMI 0, the one next to the power jack.

• Download file could be corrupt? Here's the MD5sum of the image that just worked on my 4b: 7655db033c7a2f56bfe1adb2733fb8c1 LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.0.img.gz

• Same issue. Just commenting to bump. Tried first with noobs, and then used etcher to flash an image I downloaded yesterday (2019-12-24). Seems to do fine after I flashed RaspbianLite as a test. I've tried it both on a monitor and a television. Just gets a "no signal" message. I will add that after installing with etcher, I don't even get as far as the network setup. Just a LibreElec logo (sometimes) and a black screen. Raspberry Pi 4b w/4GB or RAM.

Okay, second try, got to the network setup again and ... black screen.

Edited once, last by jgibson706 (December 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM).

• Please try the last 9.1.x version, and in case of success upgrade by GUI to the latest.

Okay. Gave that a try and at first it didn't work. I have one of the Vilros boxes that has the fan, I took it apart to make sure I had the fan and everything together right. After I put it back together, it started working, updated, and kept working. I futzed around with it for a bit and eventually did a soft reset to undo the futzing.... and black screen. At least now I know how to get it going, but I'm confused. I'd think if this was a common thing the forum would be full of this problem. Did I get an odd-ball board?

• I've tried two different cables, and as I said raspbian worked fine (didn't try a gui though). I just assumed that when I soft resetted, it put the default configs, or something, for 9.2 in where the 9.1 configs were and that's what killed it. Once it started working, it was solid until I did that.

>> 10 minutes later >>

While I was typing that, it occurred to me to try disconnecting the fan and seeing if I could get through the setup then. It worked. Once I got through the setup, I could reconnect the fan and everything is fine. Don't know what that says about either hardware of software, but I'm rockin' and rollin' now. So scratch the above ...