Aquantia AQN-107 10Gb NIC support

• I have a Aquantia 10Gb NIC in my HTPC running latest Libreelec (9.2) and see that the kernel driver (module) for this card is not available.

Is it possible to get this card working :shy:

It seems like this chipset is getting embedded/used in several new motherboards too.

It's the same chipset used in Asus XG-C100C NIC

Reason for 10Gb is that I use the file manager in Libreelec to move media files... speeeed is everything.

Thanks

• Is it possible to get this card working

I'm sure that anything is possible, but since you already talk about kernel modules, I assume you have some Linux experience. So isn't the first solution to try and compile your own LibreELEC build with any driver that is available for your 10GB card? And see what happens?

I have a feeling that the current LibreELEC developers do not have yet such a fast ethernet card in their home or development environment.. :)

• Hello.

Sorry to bother you libreelec guys.

I just got the Asus XG-C100C with chipset 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Aquantia Corp. AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] (rev 02).

libreelec sees the card but i suspect no drivers are loaded? it don't show up and get any ip, i think the solution above did not get implemented in the 10.0.1 or under since this thread was created.

Is it possible to to get it working without to much hassle?

I am using the generic build

Best regards

• You rock chewitt and crew :)

Hate to ask this, couldn't find anything on github about it, did you remove the x11 nvidia from these nightly yet?

I forgot to mention that i run a overkill htpc with gtx1080 nvidia card and 10.x will probl be the last one i run because i am a nvidia guy ^^

If x11 already go removed i then need to read up on wiki how to compile a 10.0.1 one (think installing linux on my spare nuc8 and do stuff there)

Best regards

• Current nightlies are GBM images with no Xorg which means no nVidia support. At the moment there is still a "Generic_Legacy" device that can be built in our codebase, but we are deliberately not building nightlies for it and hope to drop it before formal LE11 releases start. There are signs that nVidia is starting to get its sh1t together with respect to upstream standards, but there's still too many bits of jigsaw puzzle missing for nVidia support under GBM.

• Current nightlies are GBM images with no Xorg which means no nVidia support. At the moment there is still a "Generic_Legacy" device that can be built in our codebase, but we are deliberately not building nightlies for it and hope to drop it before formal LE11 releases start. There are signs that nVidia is starting to get its sh1t together with respect to upstream standards, but there's still too many bits of jigsaw puzzle missing for nVidia support under GBM.

Ohhh ok :(

It means i have to compile a standard libreelec generic 10.0.1 with nvidia my self with the "CONFIG_AQTION=m".

Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to? i only run a vanilla install of 10.0.1, nothing extra other than confluence skin.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards