Posts by palle_c

You're the first person to notice since LE11 shipped and nVidia active-install numbers continue to decline over time (we've been telling people to avoid nVidia cards for years now) so the chance that someone else spots the problem is fairly low.

Yea i know and you have told me before hehe

I'm never dropping nvidia, once libreelec does that will be my last version. I have tested intel graphics and picture quality isn't the same (for me anyhow) Now that i got lanczos3 optimized back the quality is even crispier like that is was on 10.04.

I did some other tweaks too, found out that nvidia only runs in performance mode 8=P8 when running hd videos so i added a line in xorg-nvidia.conf and now its using P0 and wattage only increased 4-5w and its utilization is at 35-38% so im happy with smp's build :)

I didn't PR a Nexus backport, Kodi 21 should be out soon. I'm not even sure if there's going to be Kodi 20.3. You can keep using my LE11 image until LE12 is out.

Oki, i was just afraid that if i updated to latest nightly i would loose the vdpau patch :) (haven't tried it yet and i dont know if it would work but i think i could just have copied the RendererVDPAU.cpp over to a new install)

Its amazing that no one with nvidia have noticed it before with the missing scalers options, its been gone since le11 beta i guess.

Once again Thanks a lot for helping me out, i will make this thread "Solved" :)

Team Kodi didn't decide on a 20.3 release yet, but it would be good to send the PR in case it happens (the idea has been made). It's always better to merge patches upstream instead of adding them downstream at the LE repo.

Yea, Im just thinking of the next poor person who installs LE11 and says what i said "wth, whys isn't "enablehighqualityhwscalers" working :)

Thanks chewitt!

ooops, forgot to mark it "Solved"

Hey.

This is just a question.

Did kodi team do smth to the <enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers> when using a nvidia card after 19.5?

It loads correctly but from advancedsettings BUT still i can only choose from bilinear, nearest neighbor or auto. there is no lanczos3 optimized ot the others.

It worked perfectly in 10.04. Maybe smth happened bug related that makes it skip enablehighqualityhwscalers in builds after 10.0.4?

tested 10.04=work on nvidia gtx1080, tested 11.0.4 with rtx3070=dont work, tested gtx1080 11.0.4 and nighly= not working, i cant test rtx3070 on 10.0.4 because its not supported.

Its just a question and if other nvidia users have the same. or if someone at libreelec team can answer :)

Its in regards to generic 10.0.4 and generic-legacy 11.x. in software decoding it works to choose all others, Lanczos3 Optimized etc

Sorry i missed to add that

best regards

Hey

I did some more testing with igpu and i i see the video quality is not as good as nvidias. i tested every setting i could see, in 3840x1600 i was limited to either 30hz or 75hz. i ran the nvidia at same resolution but with 74.94 with lancoz3-Optimized

i know its a nightly and not finished but in the middle of watching a tv series ep the video started to speed up and sound skipped.

I am putting my gtx 1080 back and going to see if i can use the 3070 elsewhere.

Thank you for the help

I did some more testing, i installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and nvidia driver 510 i think it was plus kodi 19.4

It starts and works with VDPAU and X11 window on rtx 3070

But i have to abandon it because its to much configuration needed to get where i was with libreelec, i mean with mce remote keymaps etc.

I only did the install for test purpose and i just have to wait until libreelec team either finds a fix for it or update nvidia drivers in a new 10 release, i have no idea if thats going to happen tho.

I am not switching to intel HD 740 IGPU and i cant just put a 1000$ card on the shelf ^^

Thanks for the help.

Hi shewitt

I confirmed that 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 have nvidia driver 460.67 and rtx 3070 should work on it (this is how i understand it because it says that its supported in that driver on nvidia linux page)

I tested and installed my old old gtx 670 and verified that it was 460.67 driver

I did not get the card for NVDEC support just vdpau use, i just needed to use my gtx 1080 in my old htpc

I will try the LE11 nightly and hope vdpau is still there

Edit: tested LE11 only has VAPI so it wont work, it crashes on boot :( it only works when i switch to intel graphics in my gen11 cpu

Edit2: the 1080 card is not supported on legacy driver but in 460.67. I might be thinking wrong about this issue, driver is there that support 3070 but it might be xorg that dont support smth higher than gtx 1080?

Kind Regards

Hello.

I just replaced my gtx 1080 with a rtx 3070 and was surprised that librelec di not start but hanged on "failed to start xorg" message

Before i ordered the 3070 card i really checked that libreelec 10.0.1 had i driver that this card was supported, i think it had 470.* driver and the card is supported.

Did i miss something? i tried to look on github for 10.0.1 branch to verify the driver used but i cant seem to find it.

Kind Regards

Current nightlies are GBM images with no Xorg which means no nVidia support. At the moment there is still a "Generic_Legacy" device that can be built in our codebase, but we are deliberately not building nightlies for it and hope to drop it before formal LE11 releases start. There are signs that nVidia is starting to get its sh1t together with respect to upstream standards, but there's still too many bits of jigsaw puzzle missing for nVidia support under GBM.

Ohhh ok :(

It means i have to compile a standard libreelec generic 10.0.1 with nvidia my self with the "CONFIG_AQTION=m".

Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to? i only run a vanilla install of 10.0.1, nothing extra other than confluence skin.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards

You rock chewitt and crew :)

Hate to ask this, couldn't find anything on github about it, did you remove the x11 nvidia from these nightly yet?

I forgot to mention that i run a overkill htpc with gtx1080 nvidia card and 10.x will probl be the last one i run because i am a nvidia guy ^^

If x11 already go removed i then need to read up on wiki how to compile a 10.0.1 one (think installing linux on my spare nuc8 and do stuff there)

Best regards

Hello.

Sorry to bother you libreelec guys.

I just got the Asus XG-C100C with chipset 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Aquantia Corp. AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] (rev 02).

libreelec sees the card but i suspect no drivers are loaded? it don't show up and get any ip, i think the solution above did not get implemented in the 10.0.1 or under since this thread was created.

Is it possible to to get it working without to much hassle?

I am using the generic build

Best regards